1. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Columbus

Blends the merits of a stylish building design with the mighty powers of the heart.

2. Viginti_tres's rating of the film Columbus

The buildings are more expressive than the people. Telling.

3. Taufiq Hariyadi's rating of the film Columbus

4. Max Swanson's rating of the film Columbus

A quietly captivating and meditative experience. Haley Lu Richardson gives one of the subtlest, most endlessly watchable and authentic performances any young actor has given in years.

5. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Columbus

Kogonada graduates from video essay to film essay. "This is not a movie. Nothing happens". In a sense, Columbus looks like The Sims: characters are avatars, the acting is mostly algorithmic. Not a criticism, just an observation.

6. Namaste's rating of the film Columbus

7. Nathan Grey Hollis's rating of the film Columbus

loved the mise-en-scène...was underwhelmed by the acting,,,

8. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film Columbus

The quiet comforts of modernist architecture and dumb phones. Wonderful to behold.

9. NCMBianchi's rating of the film Columbus

The thing I most felt during the screening of 'Colombus' was peacefulness: the pace and tone of narration; the etherealness of the two main characters compared to other people, more resembling the space around them; the Ozu-like framing; and Cassandra's character building and point of view on her own life - they all create a meaningful movie about incommunicability and ways information still get passed.

10. Diego Ravazzolo's rating of the film Columbus

11. G. Thomas Esmay's rating of the film Columbus

7/10. COLUMBUS sets out its manifesto early on: as one character explains, our interest and attention is due to our predilections and the effort we put in. The film certainly requires a little extra effort-- the drama is almost always muted, though this makes the few emotional scenes that much more poignant. Lots of great shots of spaces and architecture with an interesting bent towards deep focus.

12. Drew.'s rating of the film Columbus

I really admired how Kogonada's clear formal interests elevated the emotion of the story rather than distracting from it.

13. Diderot's rating of the film Columbus

A thoughtful-yet-mostly-cliche movie with some good performances.

14. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Columbus

I really didn't want to like this movie, but I caught the feelings pretty quickly!! Haley Lu Richardson is a godsend!!

15. franciscotorres's rating of the film Columbus