1. Juan Javier's rating of the film Comandante

2. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Comandante

A portrait of a great politician by a somewhat clueless American (love you, Oliver, but you're a doofus). A film about a man who I am very split on, as a leftist, as a social democrat. Stone has a great sense of pace and the images flow in a way as to make the film easy to watch. In terms of Castro, while it's nice to see him up and close I don't know if we know him any better now than before.

3. henk@loftmatic.com's rating of the film Comandante

Final score: 9. Storyline: 9, Originality: 9, Cinematography: 8, Involvement: 8, Sound: 7, Editing: 10, Educational: 10, Title design: 7, Acting: 8, Interesting: 10, Unusual: 10, Exciting: 7, Superior: 8

4. anarresti's rating of the film Comandante

Oliver Stone is an interesting interviewer. The sound of Castro's wife (the translator) can be nerve wrecking, because it clashes with the soundtrack and with Castro's and Oliver Stone's voice. The interview does focus on the Cuban missile crisis, and on other unconfortable topics not letting the conversation be just a celebration of the Cuban revolution and Castro's merits. But the tension exists. We see it.