1. nadnab's rating of the film Coming to America

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Coming to America

Une agréable petite comédie pleine de charme et de fantaisie qui, sans jamais atteindre un niveau éblouissant, procure tout de même un plaisir certain ..... www.cinefiches.com

3. Timo Heuer's rating of the film Coming to America

Rumgeblödel, aber nett als Samstagabendunterhaltung.

4. pezfelinoespia's rating of the film Coming to America

De vez en cuando es bueno ver este tipo de películas, livianas y entretenidas, con una enseñanza y mas encima recordar los años 80' le da su toque... no sera una obra maestra, pero una entretenida película.

5. Yayo's rating of the film Coming to America

The many Eddie Murphys and the many Arsenio Halls. Hilarious.

6. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Coming to America

Sweet and leisurely paced. It's a decent 80s comedy, though it didn't make me laugh all that much.

7. Ethan's rating of the film Coming to America

This is one of the funniest movies ever made and Eddie Murphy at the top of his form. This film is just non-stop laughter, I love it.

8. Isabella Heron's rating of the film Coming to America

9. Aardsy's rating of the film Coming to America

This John Landis film killed me... with laughs!

10. itstheresomewhere's rating of the film Coming to America

i want to spend all day every day in the barbershop

11. Star Lord's rating of the film Coming to America

Il principe cerca moglie. Alquanto demenziale.

12. Antoinette A's rating of the film Coming to America

13. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Coming to America

John Landis es un director que gusta de la parodia y la sátira. Gran parte de sus películas además de reclicar la cultura pop muy latente para la década de los 80, las reformula. En este filme se observa esto en un excéntrico orador religioso, su versión de McDonald's. "Coming to America" es una comedia sofisticada a la inversa. Una gran secuencia: la llega del Rey a NY. Landis realiza una clase maestra del montaje.

14. Eric Sherwood's rating of the film Coming to America

15. DaisyJ's rating of the film Coming to America

The best comedy ever! I love quoting this movie! Great from start to finish.

16. MAO1's rating of the film Coming to America

17. Pablo Ramos's rating of the film Coming to America

Murphy's performance seems to me as funny, genuine and endearing as it did when I first saw this some ten years ago.

18. Clarissa's rating of the film Coming to America

I know I am going to get crap for liking this movie but I don't care. It is so funny and one of Eddie Murphy's best roles!

19. Alessandro Tinchini's rating of the film Coming to America

Eddie Murphy and Arsenio Hall a.k.a. The Dynamic Duo.

20. Sunrise's rating of the film Coming to America

The fact that one is constantly reminded of both Murphy and Hall in disguise is an element that suggests genius directorial strategy. Landis engages sympathetic audience engagement (with the normally distanced royal protagonist) by allowing us to experience Akeem's unique vision: the common New Yorker is in fact the same as he Semmi. Akeem/Landis' humanist vision sees through multiple differences for inspired unity.

21. Dave's rating of the film Coming to America

This movie screams 1980s...and this is not meant as a putdown. This is a brilliant comedy, Murphy's best movie. The barbershop scenes never fail to having cracking up. Among my favorites of the decade.

22. cmuela's rating of the film Coming to America

The colors, the clothes, Queens, the romantic scenes, Murphy’s smile, I couldn’t have loved this more! Made me smile the whole movie.

23. Josh Greenwald's rating of the film Coming to America

When was the last time you could use the terms 'post-SNL vehicle' and 'high concept' in the same sentence? Few comedies can top this for both pure brilliance and ridiculousness. So many things in this film would never be attempted today and it's been a long time since any comedian has attempted to make something this unique.

24. S. Singh's rating of the film Coming to America

Yeah, I concur, it is a classic. I love it and always will.