1. Yang's rating of the film Comrades: Almost a Love Story

this was hyped up but besides the perfect Teresa Teng inspired ending, really wasn't anything more than regular drama romance and even at that, i didn't buy the romance that much. Weird that I've seen written how this was somehow a unique romcom, something with a political edge too but that's completely lost on me.

2. Wifak's rating of the film Comrades: Almost a Love Story

I am now starting to see how Hong Kong film directors have a unique filming style. It feels like someone is going through a family album; with each pic, memories and feelings come back on the surface. the film is made to make one feel that way. it is nostalgic but it is also superbly cut and very stylized. The love story is very well orchestrated. the narrative has a superb time flow and superb performance

3. Connor's rating of the film Comrades: Almost a Love Story

Lighthearted film not a bad watch.

4. MISS RICHIE's rating of the film Comrades: Almost a Love Story

Maggie Cheung is magnetic.

5. xiaoyue's rating of the film Comrades: Almost a Love Story

a romance in which the commanding relationship has very little urgency, and even less fascination. where this film unearths a bit of revelation is in the familiarity of a time in china when all anyone could talk about was dreams, and everything seemed contingent on that heady and unapproachable bit of luck, and love was a name given to something that could distract from the helplessness.

6. dana nico's rating of the film Comrades: Almost a Love Story

3.5 sappy and some really incredibly awkward lines, but maggie 4ever

7. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Comrades: Almost a Love Story

There’s a scene where Maggie Cheung anxiously shoves sausages into her mouth, and it’s so romantic. Everything she does. The power that she has.

8. kiptok's rating of the film Comrades: Almost a Love Story

i liked the songs bicycle and maggie cheung

9. xuxuxush's rating of the film Comrades: Almost a Love Story

had some delightful + moving moments and shots. Maggie C was superb as usual, but it was too plot driven and expository, and the story itself was kind of sappy, banal and rambling. Some stereotypical "superpredator"esque anti-black representation towards the end turned me off as well. Also disappointed that Terrsa Teng's music wasnt explored as deeply as I'd hoped. The soundtrack didnt feature beyond top hits :(

10. letters never sent's rating of the film Comrades: Almost a Love Story

Well made but quite predictable, and dramatic. I just didn't mind because of Maggie Cheung and Leon Lai. And then of course there's Christopher Doyle somewhere.

11. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Comrades: Almost a Love Story

8.2/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2RT

12. Travis James's rating of the film Comrades: Almost a Love Story

Superb movie. I loved every minute of it. Great story and great acting

13. Mari Santa Cruz's rating of the film Comrades: Almost a Love Story

it was a really cute love story but too long!

14. M Klein's rating of the film Comrades: Almost a Love Story

Maggie Cheung is great as the hard-nosed young woman who just wants to make her dreams come true.

15. InsertOzuReferencehere's rating of the film Comrades: Almost a Love Story

Almost like the Hong Kong answer to Naruse's Floating Clouds. An out of sync love story, where the perfect couple are never together at the right time. I really don't think it was too long, I actually think it needed to be that long to help convey the vast time frame. If it wasn't for the cheesy moments I'd give this a 5.

16. oldeuboi's rating of the film Comrades: Almost a Love Story

Sweet, romantic yet heartbreaking. But a tad overlong and I loathe that saccharine background music.

17. Enghebatu's rating of the film Comrades: Almost a Love Story

A pretty sweet story but too extended.

18. rado's rating of the film Comrades: Almost a Love Story

most touching romance/drama since "brief encounter". surprising, awesome and unforgettable