1. FISCHER's rating of the film Conan the Barbarian

Adapté de célèbres nouvelles "d'héroïc-fantasy" par un réalisateur ayant fait ses premières armes dans l'écriture de scénarii ("Jérémiah Johnson", "Juge et hors-la-loi" ou "Apocalypse now"), le film déçoit légèrement par un regrettable manque d'unité générale et un rythme fort décousu. Pour certains, pourtant, un film-culte... www.cinefiches.com

2. DenoResandono's rating of the film Conan the Barbarian

In my opinion, CONAN THE BARBARIAN has a potential to be an epic movie. Somehow, I found this movie is quite boring. CONAN THE BARBARIAN is slow-paced. Maybe it's my fault. Because I was expecting this movie is going to be action-packed. Well, there are some action sequences. But - I don't know - it feels less exciting (except the climax). Overall, CONAN THE BARBARIAN is still worth to watch. There's still some fun..

3. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Conan the Barbarian

A serious attempt at making a great sword-and-sorcery movie based upon the excellent source work of Robert E. Howard. It works with the costumes, atmosphere and the film has a great cast and a gorgeous Sandahl Bergman. It is a very slow pace though.

4. Dana Henson's rating of the film Conan the Barbarian

Pretty damn boring. However, I would probably enjoy it much more on a big, movie theater sized screen to appreciate the lovingly crafted sets and wonderful landscapes.

5. LibertyCapz's rating of the film Conan the Barbarian

You get to see Arnold Schwarzenegger, as Conan the Barbarian, knock a camel out cold with his bare fist in this movie. Honestly, need I say more?

6. Gonzelush Thompson's rating of the film Conan the Barbarian

Probabil cel mai epic trăș făcut vreodată.

7. Jinsie's rating of the film Conan the Barbarian

Kind of spellbinding as an utterly shameless right wing libertarian power fantasy, with a heart-on-sleeve charm. Packed with Kurosawa (epitomised in the end narration shot) and ludicrous camp.

8. Kornovska's rating of the film Conan the Barbarian

Excellent film de Fantasy des années 1980. Il a relativement bien vieilli. Plusieurs dialogues sont excellents (parfois très drôle). Certaines scènes sont magnifiques et font un peu penser, étonamment, au Seigneur des Anneaux, notamment lorsque Conan se promène dans les plaines de l'est. La trame sonore est tout simplement fantastique. Film léger recommandé. PS : C'est un film très violent.

9. Kreg's rating of the film Conan the Barbarian

10. captainfez's rating of the film Conan the Barbarian

11. Bernardo_Rodrigues's rating of the film Conan the Barbarian

12. Genre films > French New Wave's rating of the film Conan the Barbarian

This film is rich in scope and is definitely epic, but when it comes to the small moments and the story in general, they're brushed very quickly. As a result, it's very hard to get emotionally invested in the characters and the journey. You get invested in the scope. However, the fight scenes are very good and so is the music, even if it doesn't always fit well.

13. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Conan the Barbarian

14. theironstove's rating of the film Conan the Barbarian

First watched when I was way too young. Love this movie still. Everything feels so strange and far far away, all the different accents and the look and simplicity of everything.. it's silly and not too peopled and way way better than the remake.

15. Landen Celano's rating of the film Conan the Barbarian

Dammit. I hate how much I love this stupid, silly movie.

16. Star Lord's rating of the film Conan the Barbarian

Conan il barbaro. Fatto discretamente e Arnold Schwarzenegger è il Conan perfetto.

17. film_lies101's rating of the film Conan the Barbarian

I laughed a lot, it was a good time

18. P.P.'s rating of the film Conan the Barbarian

First time I ever got high - I was watching this.

19. dave gunn's rating of the film Conan the Barbarian

Despite plenty of ridiculousness and sequences that have a tendency to drag on too long or too slowly, this maintains itself as a classic of the early '80s. That beheading at the end is so awesome.

20. msmichel's rating of the film Conan the Barbarian

Remembered this as being total camp but was surprised at how well it held up. Howard probably rolling in his grave at the liberties taken but Milius served up a pretty good adaptation. Effects awfully dated now but fair for the time period. Jones a good villian and Schwarzenegger well cast as the monosylabic primative. Excellent score by Basil Poledouris that has been often recycled since.

21. Arf's rating of the film Conan the Barbarian

22. christos1ngle's rating of the film Conan the Barbarian

23. CEPUNK's rating of the film Conan the Barbarian

By Crom this film was so much fun. It's undoubtedly my favourite Arnie role. And the soundtrack deserves a mention everytime the film is brought up, elevates the film to to an even higher status. Basil completely nailed it.

24. Catarina C Gomes's rating of the film Conan the Barbarian