1. Ahmed Bakr's rating of the film Concerning Violence

A must-see for those interested in the history of colonialism and violence.

2. M Madalena Alves's rating of the film Concerning Violence

"Colonialism is violence in its purest state."

3. Noli Manaig's rating of the film Concerning Violence

Fanon's Wretched of the Earth on colonialism: Decolonization is not possible without violence. Spivak adds insight with a preface on Fanon's work & on the film's searing imagery. Due diligence in the acquisition of archival footage -- from the film institutes of colonial Europe itself -- is remarkable. We live in more subtle neocolonial times, however. How would the late Fanon have addressed that?

4. thivai abhor's rating of the film Concerning Violence

Stunned by the power of this film. Essential viewing for those who admire the writings of Frantz Fanon and for those that want to think about power relations in our world. I will watch this many times! I hope this becomes a touchstone/model for documentary filmmaking that explores great works of history, theory and/or art.

5. El Biffo's rating of the film Concerning Violence

Fanon: "Violence, is a cleansing force. It frees the native from his inferiority complex and from his despair and inaction; it makes him fearless and restores his self-respect.'' This incredible film uses remarkable found footage to illustrate one chapter of one book by this amazing visionary. I need to learn more. Clearly, his work on de-colonialization is imperative. ''Every brother on a rooftop can quote Fanon.''

6. Matt Richards's rating of the film Concerning Violence

Great archival footage cut to Frantz Fanon's words woven into a disturbing meditation on the modern worlds lust for power at the expense of many. Highly recommended. 4 stars

7. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Concerning Violence

Liked this a lot more than the Black Power Mixtape, which I found to be like a remedial review of 60's Black Power America, the footage was strong but other than that not much. This was a great poem, bringing Fanon's words to actual situation, showing his prophecy and also warnings of tomorrow.

8. Marcelo's rating of the film Concerning Violence

Fanon's excerpts and the archival footage appropriated by the film seemed more powerful to me than the montage in which Göran Olsson interweaves them. Anyway, watch it, it's well worth your time. The most powerful sequence, for me, shows the woman to which Spivak refers in her introduction as the "black Venus". She and her child compose an image of terrifying beauty, showing the persistence of life, in spite of all.

9. Susana G.'s rating of the film Concerning Violence

"Colonialism is violence in its purest state". This is History talking about our modern days. North-South. Violence as part of something inevitable. Fanon is not merciful in his words. This is a brilliant film that provides a great opportunity to discover new images on Europe's darkest shadows.

10. Jorge Mourinha's rating of the film Concerning Violence

Violence is a virus. http://theflickeringwall.blogspot.pt/2015/05/concerning-violence.html

11. Tisa's rating of the film Concerning Violence

Absorbing, affecting, and a critical expansion on Black Power Mixtape. Powerful to not only hear but feel Lauryn Hill reading Franz Fanon as Black revolutionaries, especially the women, make moves against colonial tyranny (golfing, mining, missionaries). A must see.

12. Elena Lazic's rating of the film Concerning Violence

A bit disappointed. Fanon's argument for the use of violence is more valuable than transpires in the film. Still the footage is incredible and despite the mosaic structure that is a bit frustrating several points come across very strongly. Everyone should see it and read The Wretched of the Earth. Will have to watch it again.

13. Freude's rating of the film Concerning Violence

Incredible powerful footage indeed! but despite the introduction by G.C. Spivak I had the feeling that it focuses on the rather polemical passages in Fanons work, eclipsing his psychological analysis.

14. Roslyn's rating of the film Concerning Violence

This looks like an absolute must see.