1. FISCHER's rating of the film Confessions of a Police Captain

La perfection même d'un cinéma politique intelligent, mûr, efficace que seul le cinéma italien des années 70 a pu générer, hormis peut-être certaines productions d'Amérique Latine, de la même période .... www.cinefiches.com

2. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Confessions of a Police Captain

Damiano Damiani is often overlooked or forgotten when someone starts to enumerate the important Italian filmmakers of the 1960/1970 period. I belong to those who think that's unfair. For example, 'Confessions of a Police Captain' is at the level of any Francesco Rosi film of the same period. Highly recommended.

3. Enrico Gaudenzi's rating of the film Confessions of a Police Captain

4. Vodalus of the Wood's rating of the film Confessions of a Police Captain

Some complex plot machinery in this one, but a wild ride to try and follow it all. Balsam and Nero conjure a savory dynamic that had me wishing it would continue.

5. Silenzio's rating of the film Confessions of a Police Captain

The best Damiano Damiani film I have seen. We have seen the story many times since but rarely done so well. Balsam is excellent but Nero is also impressive in his role. The supporting actors are also good and all of the characters seem believable

6. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film Confessions of a Police Captain

Solid poliziotteschi goes for gritty realism, but is not without its cheesy melodramatic moments. But a strong story and intense central performances by Martin Balsam and Franco Nero make for an entertaining genre effort. Great score by Riz Ortalani.