1. I0000days's rating of the film Secret Chronicle: She Beast Market

I bet this movie's modest influence still materialized into at least one sexual assault in real life. Camera work pwnz tho.

2. José Neves's rating of the film Secret Chronicle: She Beast Market

Wakamatsu's influence and the specificities of Nikkatsu studio prevailed over the idiosyncratic Tanaka's procedures and gave rise to a film that depicts well the characteristics of both references, without, however, overcome it. It's obviously a dynamic film but its impersonality or its limitation to and by exterior "spirits" limits its identitary power. Go, go, second time film.

3. Post Ironic's rating of the film Secret Chronicle: She Beast Market

Bleak, unpleasant, and rather depressing... nonetheless it's quite the exposé of the shattered life of prostitution. Even the camera is stark and grim... Hard to watch at times, but feels necessary to have watched when you reach the end. It has its own disturbing and heavily soiled beauty.

4. hugo alexandre's rating of the film Secret Chronicle: She Beast Market

I would like to see this. Please alert me when it is playing (again) at a Festival or a Nikkatsu retrospective.

5. caitiello's rating of the film Secret Chronicle: She Beast Market

I think this movie has to be seen to be believed. It's a disturbing exploration of life in a poor laborer section of Osaka that manages also to be beautiful, moving. The sex scenes are terrible and amazing, you will be repulsed and engrossed, and you will probably finish feeling both dirty and transcendent.

6. Brotherdeacon's rating of the film Secret Chronicle: She Beast Market

That the filmmakers were ordered by Nikkatsu studio to include 4 sex/nude scenes an hour is an odd paradigm to utilize and yet still create a character study which breathes and can become more than a cheap peep show; allowing that the same cinematic breath must titillate horny patrons, Tanaka pushes beyond pinku into a fetid, sordid orgy of social exposé tasting like corpse cum in the back of our communal throat.