1. sean t.'s rating of the film Contact

two words: katya zamolodchikova

2. Yumi Kaioh's rating of the film Contact

I understood that I need to study astronomy and zoology in order to write my short stories. These subjects talk to me in my sleep

3. Skinnedteen's rating of the film Contact

Sci-fi Allegory of the Cave. It's no 2001, but it's 150 minutes of scientific, philosophical, pyschological and spiritual conundrum that is quite entertaining to watch. It is one of those films where its cheeziness somewhat work to its advantage.

4. Trunfos's rating of the film Contact

5. Arthur Freitas's rating of the film Contact

6. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Contact

Had me up until the third act, where upon it oversaturated its sentimentality and sappiness, becoming unbearably schlocky. It all seems to have amounted to a rather hollow argument for faith.

7. subtonal's rating of the film Contact

I'm immensely shocked and confused by other people's ratings... is this not one of the best, most important films ever made??? (it is)

8. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Contact

Mass Effect Episode 0: Heaven is For Real

9. Alcock Hitchfred's rating of the film Contact

Although I did not identify with some (or most) of the film's ideals, I appreciated the existential and cosmological approach of the story and I can admit that it was extremely well crafted and one of the most entertaining and emotional sci-fi films I've seen.

10. Matteo Piatti's rating of the film Contact

11. mciszczon's rating of the film Contact

It has its weaknesses, but overall worth watching.

12. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Contact

I didn't remember how much I love this film.

13. sekerteyze's rating of the film Contact

The universe is a pretty big. If it is just us, seems like an awful waste of space.

14. letters never sent's rating of the film Contact

15. Schumeila's rating of the film Contact

16. Ale/M's rating of the film Contact

17. ginobartolomi's rating of the film Contact

Contact is a genre masterpiece, an exception to the rule of all emotional-sic-fi-dramas, even an exception to most blockbusters. Sure, it's predictable around some corners, it's a bit heavy handed from time to time, but it's violently gripping, from the masterful opening shot- coming off of dead silent title screen, an abrasive mix of music and radio stations layered over each other as the camera pans out from...↓

18. Aaron Dillenbeck's rating of the film Contact

The opening shot is a wondrous feat in editing and storytelling. Acting is average but story, soundtrack, imagery, and pacing is well above average for the genre. The space travel scene is transcendent and doesn't let down a sometimes sluggish movie that is leading up to that particular moment.

19. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Contact

1997, dir. ROBERT ZEMECKIS - 8/10 (USA)

20. Cid Medeiros's rating of the film Contact

Carl Sagan really mobilized a great deal of human's hope to encounter intelligent alien life. I loved all the speculation about how it would go, what we would do about it, how it could change our perspectives about old philosophical matters. Nice paced and well constructed narrative to meet the expectations of those who have dreamed about this moment since childhood. The perfect tale for space lovers like myself.

21. ofNatalie LA's rating of the film Contact

Like little Ellie Arroway, my Dad introduced me to the philosophical questions that astrophysics presents, and handed me Sagan's book. The story changed my life and this is a great rendering, with a strong AND emotional woman driving events. It's funny in retrospect to see McConaughey as a passenger in a story which lends so much content to Interstellar and explores science vs. faith without dystopia being thrown in.

22. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film Contact

Back in 1997, we were still believing in making contact with the other world and not many has talked much about this today than we used to. Here Zemeckis creates a remarkable odyssey about Foster finding that truth out there. The visual effects are incredible, so is the cast & its cinematography. The film's opening scene is spectacular to watch it shows us the universe & beyond million light years away.

23. Emil's rating of the film Contact

Some events and dialogue feel a bit unreal but the film (and book) plot is so smart it more than makes up for it. Leaves one thinking. (though it was unecessary to mention the 18h...)

24. Huey McEvoy's rating of the film Contact

In its time it played out as one of many mid-90s mid-budget studio sci-fis - at most, a slick passion project. Today, with interstellar (yes) hindsight, it reveals itself as a storytelling classic from an underrated storyteller, with a career-best performance from Jodie Foster, and an admirably ambiguous message. Thoughtful, sentimental, and eminently rewatchable: TDMELTA.