1. gld48's rating of the film Contempt

Gorgeous all round. Sets the bar for marriage-breakdown movies, the dialogue between Paul and Camille is totally toxic. Brigitte is looking fire as always.

2. smndvdcl's rating of the film Contempt

Bitter, depressing, brilliant, true.

3. João Martins's rating of the film Contempt

Like most of Godard's films, Le Mépris is full of quotes, metaphors and symbologies. We can say a bunch of things about this unique film: it focuses on the death of the cinema, the fragility of men on a love triangle, subliminal messages and acts that we all do on daily basis... It has that rare quality to have multiple interpretations, something usual on Godard.

4. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Contempt

5. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Contempt

I love it. I don't think of it so much as an adaptation of a novel but more as a reverie about the world of making movies, and all of it is glorified by that score.

6. pintobean's rating of the film Contempt

It's a constant thing with godard: trying to work through the misogyny/male gaze and grasp the poetry. This film is gorgeous, it's true. I will always want more for his female characters.

7. maksym hruszczenko's rating of the film Contempt

Бріджіт Бардо увесь фільм дратувала мене.

8. Gabriella Morales-Casas's rating of the film Contempt

Intimacy between a couple attached by the enthusiast of desire... until something comes up and "love" goes down. ¿The best part? It all happens between the making of a movie in Cineccittá.

9. Adam M's rating of the film Contempt

Not my favorite Godard film, but the cinematography is done with his typical luxury. I reveled in the way Bardot slips right into the role. Also nailing it: Fat, old Fritz Lang as a fat, old Fritz Lang.

10. Trunfos's rating of the film Contempt

11. FISCHER's rating of the film Contempt

Réflexions sur le cinéma, l'art, le couple, l'amour, menée avec une maîtrise et un talent indéniables. Le metteur en scene évite pour une fois les écueils fascinants d'un intellectualisme élitiste et planant dans lequel il plongera avec opiniâtreté et délectation, quelques années plus tard. C'est l'un des quelques rares films de Jean-Luc Godard qui mérite une réelle estime et un solide respect... www.cinefiches.com

12. Eka Vakri Riski's rating of the film Contempt

13. Carolina Frade's rating of the film Contempt

Georges Delerue can do no wrong but that's no excuse to use his work to the point of exhaustion.

14. angeldromero's rating of the film Contempt

‘C’est un film simple sur des choses compliquées’ (Jean-Luc Godard) A film within a film is what Godard presents to us, showing the disintegration of a married couple and the production of a movie. This film is masterly directed by Jean-Luc and makes you love it from the introduction. The subtle differences between men and women are shown and so many other things that will make you fall in love with the characters.

15. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Contempt

I really don't have anything good to say about this film. If this isn't the height of his misogyny, then I don't know what is. About the nicest thing I can say is that it was nice to see Palance and Lang.

16. João Portalegre's rating of the film Contempt

17. Mao Flores's rating of the film Contempt

eh... the conflict didn't interest me

18. Alex's rating of the film Contempt

Jack Palance erects as a great, gleaming, ply-wood firm penis from the sea of French and German pageantry. Pageantry which I am quite in love with. To add to that, Palance has followed me in my dreams since that day. ..

19. Aivaras_Z's rating of the film Contempt

One of Godard's masterpieces which is also very watchable, and not only because of Bardot.

20. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Contempt

Original approach about cinema industry.

21. callum mclaughlin's rating of the film Contempt

Upon re-watching this film for the third time, I cannot help but realise that I have grown to love it quite dearly. As opposed to my first viewing where I wasn't too fond nor impressed. 'Le Mepris' is arguably Godard's best film, Bardot is seductive and the music engulfs each scene. Godard utilises each of his locations and uses them to tell his story best and to turn them into a character of their own. Stunning.

22. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Contempt

Why the title Contempt? Does it refer to the contempt the characters in the film feel towards each other? The artistic cinema towards the money making moguls at the business end of movies? Godard's contempt for his own audience (only half a joke, it feels like sometimes)? Probably all of the above. What's important here though is that this is his best picture (from what I've seen) and his most affecting and personal.

23. truffraud's rating of the film Contempt

some kind of rush giving three stars to what one website deemed 'the coolest movie ever'. it's cool. godard is a master of apartment scenes.

24. Juan D.'s rating of the film Contempt

I had never seen a movie so trivial flourished by tons of superficial intertextuality. ¿That's the portrait of intelectuals that young Godard offer us? ¿People who do nothing more than constantly quoting authors?.. Oh! Nevermind.