1. anschyn's rating of the film Control Room

i found this really funny how i received giant wide of information over this topic from side to side and still constantly confused. but this documentary an absolute well done i'm not gonna judge about it

2. NICOLE86's rating of the film Control Room

One of the most insightful documentaries about journalism and the war on terrorism I have ever seen.

3. smndvdcl's rating of the film Control Room

Al-Jazeera is an often misinterpreted news channel, particularly by the Fox News crowd. This behind the scenes context reveals misconceptions, and the integrity of a progressive news broadcaster. A fascinating insight.

4. Chris CS's rating of the film Control Room

If I was a dictator Fox News would be forced to show this 24 hours a day.

5. Sthirabandhu's rating of the film Control Room

Al Jazeera's very existence is essential in allowing us to get another, non western, media point of view ....... everyone has an agenda, an opinion, a view point, set of values, on both sides, ...... in the end non of us are free while innocent civilians are slaughtered. there is no justification for war. we are still living in caves with more sophisticated stones to throw at one another.

6. Cichlisuite's rating of the film Control Room

An important perspective for more people to see and a interesting look at ideas like journalistic objectivity and the role of the media in modern warfare. Well worth watching. In some ways it feels like it only managed to scratch the surface but these are complex issues.

7. guillaume's rating of the film Control Room

Edifying documentary on news sourcing and media objectivity.

8. raggiodisole's rating of the film Control Room

not quite the other side of the fence, but at least we get a chance to peek behind the curtain. And apologies for the mixed metaphors.....

9. ALICEALICE's rating of the film Control Room

Interesting challenge to the value of objectivity in war-time journalism. The documentary takes us behind the scenes in Iraq and vividly depicts how media are a key component of the modern war apparatus. A much-needed and insightful counterweight to the dominant media discourse around this war, "Control Room" would have been even better if it had given more breadth to its human characters and their contradictions.

10. Amina Khan's rating of the film Control Room

'The media’s the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that’s power. Because they control the minds of the masses' Malcom X - This quote sums up the US attitude in this documentary. Trying their hardest to dictate and manipulate media outlets to show the invasion in a positive light. This documentary exposes this and more. Watch and share.

11. nickolia's rating of the film Control Room

what makes this film even more special is the affection we're allowed to have for the US marine PR guy. true balance.

12. ninelittleindians's rating of the film Control Room

Magnificently argued film on the ethics of Journalism. A film that definitely needs to be seen. Can journalists ever be objective?

13. Syd Buron's rating of the film Control Room

I was aware of the level of manipulation carried out by mainstream media, and how strings are pulled by those in power. It was quite shocking however, to see the cogs of the machine rotate right before your eyes. Al Jazeera come away from this with credibility, and can hold their heads significantly higher than their counterparts in the US and UK. I hope more people see this film.

14. Tariq's rating of the film Control Room

A portrayal of just how alone Al-Jazeera were in presenting what lay behind the burning buildings shown on western media outlets.

15. Thresk's rating of the film Control Room

Fascinating examination of purported journalistic objectivity on both sides of the Iraq conflict. Worth watching as much for the almost cartoonish personalities of some of the individuals featured (e.g. the preening, effete megalomaniac Samir Khader, Al-Jazeera's senior producer) as for the depiction of mass media in the middle east seldom seen by western audiences. ★★★★