1. samuele90's rating of the film Conversation Piece

Vabbè, mo sto chiaramente innamorato della Marsani.

2. ammar's rating of the film Conversation Piece

3. Chearth's rating of the film Conversation Piece

4. natalieb's rating of the film Conversation Piece

i don't know. was as boring as hell. in a nonsensical way.

5. Jodie Abrams's rating of the film Conversation Piece

Loved this film, story and visuals are great!

6. Hyperion_333's rating of the film Conversation Piece

It's like we're speaking different languages!

7. ughchenausea's rating of the film Conversation Piece

8. FISCHER's rating of the film Conversation Piece

Oeuvre intelligente et monumentale, aboutissement de toute la carrière du fulgurant metteur en scène Luchino Visconti... www.cinefiches.com

9. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Conversation Piece

7.1/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2zr

10. EdieEmm's rating of the film Conversation Piece

My first Visconti, so I can't prove that the film's hold on me was attributable to genius. Anyway, I'm a sucker for decadence; it could've just as easily been the film's lush aesthetic. Except, gah! (Lancaster's nuanced portrayal of) Il Professore, and that the film seems to emanate from that interiority, conveying, in the midst of that mess of circumstance, a deep subjectivity... No? Maybe? More Visconti's in order.

11. James Mackin's rating of the film Conversation Piece

This film ran the gamut from boring to really interesting, but tended to lean more on the boring side. Helmut Berger was a kinda funny asshole every now and then.

12. msmichel's rating of the film Conversation Piece

Despite beautiful set design and strong turns by Silvana Mangano (horrifying bourgeois) and Burt Lancaster Visconti's penultimate film is a ponderous empty affair. Miscasting of the younger roles and a script that flounders eventually make the film tedious.

13. Jason's rating of the film Conversation Piece

A film that demands to be read for it's considerable queer subtext, I would suggest that Conversation Piece is an improvement on Death in Venice. The obsession here burrows. Lancaster's Professore has seen a great deal and is not outwardly moved in any great way but what he observes. That he finds himself involved in the manner he finds himself involved happens by virtue of a kind of eddying. A gorgeous movie.

14. peterwmc's rating of the film Conversation Piece

Brilliant. Lots of unanswered questions but the characters are all believable and the relationships all work so well. Takes at least two viewings, and each time more depth is apparent. Burt Lancaster's acting and delivery of his lines is Oscar worthy.

15. iLikeBlueSky's rating of the film Conversation Piece

amazing. all of it; theatrical, visually sophisticated, somehow delicate but with constant tension. the ending sneaks up and it's unexpected.

16. Conn Tubacu's rating of the film Conversation Piece

17. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Conversation Piece

18. T Mills's rating of the film Conversation Piece

I feel this is on par and sometimes superior to The Leopard. I was very surprised at how effective Visconti's chamber drama was. Lancaster's subtle performance is magnificent.

19. David R Williams's rating of the film Conversation Piece

One of my favorite Visconti films. Funny and strangely erotic. The rich are very much not like you or I. Oh - and what ever happened to Claudia Marsani?

20. Alex's rating of the film Conversation Piece

Another example of inimitable films. I like these kinds of films but have a hard time giving them good ratings. Perhaps it is something to do with the reason for, and inapplicability of, their existence.

21. Mark Tallo's rating of the film Conversation Piece

Some interesting characters. It was ok.

22. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Conversation Piece

What an interestingly scandalous tragicomedy this is. At times it treads with Doris Day lightness, and then it plunges into existencialist darkness. Really nice!

23. Joe Pryweller's rating of the film Conversation Piece

Dialogue-rich, Italian melodrama at its best, this movie is all about subtexts and what lies beneath the surface. Commentaries on old v. young, rich v. poor, a political life v. a turning away from politics, shutting out life v. living it, all at once meshing in this intergenerational tale in the alfresco, colorful home of the Professor. I wish I could watch this again before it expires; it demands multiple viewings.

24. greyladycine's rating of the film Conversation Piece

"Maybe he once had ambitions we know nothing about." Indeed.