1. tommy cruise's rating of the film Cool Hand Luke

watched it for the egg scene

2. miles's rating of the film Cool Hand Luke

beautiful in every way.

3. Dalibor's rating of the film Cool Hand Luke

Daring attempt to combine strong religious themes with mainstream prison drama/comedy. Most of which are usually followed by a sort of semi-spiritual observations, but often end up more performative than inspirational. "Luke" is not subtle, even less so towards the end, but keeps itself within the boundaries of a well crafted allegory. Further amusing with a set of notable characters and their brisk dialogues.

4. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film Cool Hand Luke

La maestria di Conrad Hall incornicia perfettamente quella che è forse la più convincente delle performance di Paul Newman, in un film piacevolmente diretto e tutto sommato ben scritto. Non è difficile capire perché abbia, nel bene e nel male, tracciato le linee guida per le caratteristiche degli ultimi 50 anni di cinema americano.

5. Max.Madrid's rating of the film Cool Hand Luke

6. DenoResandono's rating of the film Cool Hand Luke

At first, I thought COOL HAND LUKE is just an ordinary prison drama. But this movie is beyond my expectation. COOL HAND LUKE has a solid storytelling and interesting characters. This movie isn't just merely a movie. It is also a character study. COOL HAND LUKE explored the true form of human nature. Led by Paul Newman in his most swag-est performance. Is it me or - Luke is some kind of allegory of Jesus Christ?

7. Myles's rating of the film Cool Hand Luke

I like eggs, but I ain't no Luke, boy. They can break me, so I ain't no Cool Hand Luke.

8. yovargas's rating of the film Cool Hand Luke

Hey filmmakers, how about you stop romanticizing idiocy? *That* would be cool. Luke is not. D+

9. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film Cool Hand Luke

Dragline is one of the greatest hype men in film history. Paul Newman is at his best here. Overall great film about a man who never thinks things through.

10. Eric Rucker's rating of the film Cool Hand Luke

I used to think this movie meant a lot to me, but films that have subsequently moved me to the quick made me realize I was swayed by the reputation of the film, the glamor within it, more than any human connection. The Exiles, Gregory's Girl (with the original soundtrack!), and how genuinely they spoke to me as a brother, have recalibrated me for good. Sorry, boss!

11. Meastro0's rating of the film Cool Hand Luke

12. Vincent T's rating of the film Cool Hand Luke

rated from memory (a very longgg time ago). I remember watching this on TV and liking it.

13. TomMackAplin's rating of the film Cool Hand Luke

14. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film Cool Hand Luke

Despite a masterfully written screenplay that thrives on themes primal to human nature, it is Paul Newman's minimalistic performance and never-ending talent that makes Cool Hand Luke into a tale for the ages. Powered by Conrad Hall's breathtaking photography, Rosenberg's film showcases the power of simplicity in what very well may be considered a kind of southern-gothic new wave.

15. SpacePirate's rating of the film Cool Hand Luke

Bit overhyped but if you dont go in with too high of expectations you will be rewarded

16. Ieva Šukytė's rating of the film Cool Hand Luke

17. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Cool Hand Luke

Meat and potatoes, medium rare, with a dash of garlic.

18. Muraki's rating of the film Cool Hand Luke

One of the best & most inspiring leading roles ever.

19. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Cool Hand Luke

Paul Newman at it's best. Unforgettable the scene with the eggs or with the fight or with the escape. This movie will never disappear from your memory. Because it is timeless, everlasting.

20. HSBilly's rating of the film Cool Hand Luke

a handful of nothing can be a truly huge world-shaker.

21. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Cool Hand Luke

The thing that I admired about Paul Newman was that he wasn't afraid to play an asshole as a leading man. Sometimes when you'd stare into those eyes, you just got lost. "Jesus he was a handsome man and what i want to know is how do you like your blueeyed boy Mister Death" And of course he did play Buffalo Bill, so that's appropriate.

22. rllr's rating of the film Cool Hand Luke

I can't decide who plays the main role here: Paul Newman's charisma or Conrad Hall's cinematography.

23. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film Cool Hand Luke

Fake plastic Jesus. I like Paul Newman.

24. smndvdcl's rating of the film Cool Hand Luke

The boxing match and the egg scene are a delight. The Newman persona shines bright in this prison drama.