1. MistaRichard's rating of the film Coonskin

A bleek and extremely blunt allegory to black oppression in the years immediatly following the Civil Rights Movement. Satyre is always present in most imaginative of ways. Only Bakshi could meld cartoons and live action to analyse and comment on reality in such a pertinent way.

2. Nachtreich's rating of the film Coonskin

Però guardatelo, lo so che è un controsenso ma fatelo.

3. bencor's rating of the film Coonskin

4. Eugene Kotlyarenko's rating of the film Coonskin

says more about the horrors of an oppressed reality, through caricature and extremely un-PC satire, than most straight-talking live-action attempts i've seen

5. Justine Vernera's rating of the film Coonskin

Very strange at times, but potentially interesting piece of rough cartoon with lots of references on racist issues at 70's America I wish I had more knowledge of. 3.4

6. T. J. Harman's rating of the film Coonskin

Juvenile and un-pc. Poetic and surrealist. Excellent voice acting and a jarring mix of humor and pathos.

7. This is Jake Kath's rating of the film Coonskin

I'm mainly giving this 3 stars because Barry White voicing a "black" bear makes me all kinds of happy! Though, still very cheap, the animation itself is more fluid than a lot of Bakshi's movies. Its surrealism and political incorrectness kept me interested but it did drag at times. So, all in all, it was a good time.