1. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Coraline

The only film I've seen apart from 'Mad Max: Fury Road' that utilized 3D technology with keen intelligence, spatially distinguishing between the work-a-day world and the "other" world. Gaiman crafts a narrative as archetypal as any real fairytale, Dakota Fanning's a pro (knowing when to be snarky and when to be vulnerable) and Selick's animation is jaw-dropping. The textures alone... A beautiful film. TMBG music too!

2. Ryan Christopher Coleman's rating of the film Coraline

3. mariatavares's rating of the film Coraline

4. The Paris-Chinese Border's rating of the film Coraline

Endlessly charming tale of childhood adventure. Coraline presents an immersive parallel universe in an absurdly enjoyable feat of world-building by Neil Gaiman.

5. josh scam's rating of the film Coraline

the magic of its animation deserves a story that doesn't demonize the dream world and lionize the status quo at such a inelegant pace imo

6. Auranee's rating of the film Coraline

7. Shahin Katila's rating of the film Coraline

8. Cody Hoskins's rating of the film Coraline

With a mixture of Stephen King and Roald Dahl, Coraline spins a web of surreal and scary wonders in a kid's world with stunning animation that ups the bar on what Henry Selick achieved on prior films. This is the first time where I've felt like animation has gotten closer to the horror genre and gives kids an even scarier mind trip into a girl's escape from her dull moody everyday world.

9. Jessica Turcotte's rating of the film Coraline

10. Erica Narduzzi's rating of the film Coraline

Credevo sarebbe stato un cartone adatto a tutte le età e sono rimasta sconvolta, però, una volta superato lo shock iniziale, sono riuscita ad apprezzare appieno questa storia e i suoi personaggi.

11. hamsa's rating of the film Coraline

12. galuh indri's rating of the film Coraline

Still gave me the chills whenever I watch this

13. Amjack's rating of the film Coraline

She spied on our lives through the little doll's eyes...

14. bryanvmh's rating of the film Coraline

Tbh Coraline's a little annoying but it looks cool

15. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film Coraline

Una pellicola d'animazione che ha decisamente sbagliato il target. Per bambini? No. Per niente. Già dai primi minuti è palese che il mondo della piccola Coraline è tutt'altro che felice, una danza macabra fatta di inquietanti figure di pongo e stop-motion. La trama è discretamente originale, finale incluso, cosa buona e rara in un film d'animazione. Preparatevi ad una buona dose di inquietudine. Mr. Bobinski lo odio.

16. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Coraline

17. noncivez's rating of the film Coraline

18. Yasser Azmy's rating of the film Coraline

19. douglas binda's rating of the film Coraline

i've watched this one hundred times. my favourite animation. my favourite plot.

20. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film Coraline

I absolutely love this film. Both the animation and the story are incredibly authentic and original; and it's twisted beyond my greatest expectations. It's an animated gem.

21. Luca Soldati's rating of the film Coraline

Un meraviglioso stop motion, realizzato con una tecnica di prim'ordine. Il procedere della narrazione è un piacere da vedere, essendo visivamente molto stimolante ed ispirata. La "dimensione alternativa" è bellissima. La storia è molto intrigante e i tratti gotici la arricchiscono, essendo correttamente sfruttati. Interessante la scontro fra le due realtà. Personaggi ben fatti, con Coraline che risulta irresistibile.

22. bartkl's rating of the film Coraline

An adorable film that teaches children the grass is always greener on the other side, and it does this in a very creative and appealing way. The stop-motion style is beautiful and there are some really interesting, absurd, almost avant-garde scenes, like the circus performances and the garden. Loved the button-for-eyes detail and its subtle hint of darkness. Good film!

23. yennefer's rating of the film Coraline

So, so clever. Everything from the animation to the way that they built up the creepiness of the world is just wonderful.

24. spiderliliez's rating of the film Coraline

If I was watching this as the 7 year-old version of myself, I swear I would have had nightmares for days! It's funny cos it's pretty dark for a children's movie. It kinda reminds me of "The Babadook" but in a friendlier, less sinister way. That being said, the creators did an amazing job making this film, the look of it, the feel of it, the whole of it, it's great!

← Previous 1 3 4