1. Deiner's rating of the film Coriolanus

There are moments of cinematic greatness in Coriolanus, but I didn't think it is an affecting film in its entirety. The highlight of the film is beyond doubt the acting, which makes sense, considering this is a Shakespeare adaptation. Fiennes especially shines in his portrayal, ranging from a dominant intensity to a poignant vulnerability. Cox, Butler and Redgrave, also elevate the film with their performances.

2. smndvdcl's rating of the film Coriolanus

One of the most convincing Shakespeare adaptations around. Artistic contextual license works wonders. Breathes life into a forgotten masterpiece.

3. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Coriolanus

4. Ryuu Baron's rating of the film Coriolanus

5. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Coriolanus

6. damone88's rating of the film Coriolanus

I find this reimagining of Coriolanus as expressive and thrilling as the book. I've seen quite a lot Shakespear on film, it works quite well sometimes, but this is as wellcast and structured as the Taviani projects.

7. pluviosity's rating of the film Coriolanus

for a feature directing debut, this is great. At the same time, Ralph Fiennes still can manage to do an extraordinaire acting. really, what does this man made of?!

8. Ricky Robertson Jr.'s rating of the film Coriolanus

I ended up appreciating more of the clever Shakespearean wordplay than I expected. The performances were great and the directing was solid. Overall, a unique and interesting experience.

9. buckabucka's rating of the film Coriolanus

"And you thought Ralph Fiennes was scary as Voldemort." Terrific performance, but the streets of Belgrade, my home town where most of it took place & the extras throw me off liking the film, because I felt like Ralph pulled an Ed Wood - where he made budget compromises which effected the credibility of the story. Probably works well for non/Serbian crowd :} Not for everyone indeed.

10. DUTCH's rating of the film Coriolanus

Barry Ackroyd's combat photography (Fiennes likely scooped him up from The Hurt Locker set) continues to impress and dare I say there is a good Gerard Butler performance in this film. Logan's screenplay still feels a bit too set in the text. You wish Chastain and Redgrave could do more than what they are given but do solid jobs along with a good leading Fiennes performance in a role Hollywood no longer offers him.

11. msmichel's rating of the film Coriolanus

Fiennes takes a lesser known Shakespeare and sets it in modern dress keeping the text of the orginal. Not a new idea by any stretch but a good gamble that mostly pays off Logan's adaptation is a mostly shrewd script modelled after the serbian/croatian war with many clever touches (mob mentality, media, political manipulation).Fiennes dynamite in title role but perhaps a little out of his depth at times as a director.

12. orangey's rating of the film Coriolanus

sorry for the cheap joke but THIS IS SHAKESPEARE

13. Ryan Borja's rating of the film Coriolanus

A well-made retelling of one of Shakespeare's last tragedy plays directed by first-time director, Ralph Fiennes, who also rendered a powerful and strong performance as Caius Martius Coriolanus. Vanessa Redgrave and Jessica Chastain delivered very fine performance as well. The film retains the old English verses of the play in spite of the modernized setting from the original ancient Roman milieu used by the Bard,

14. james's rating of the film Coriolanus

15. Fábio Gomes's rating of the film Coriolanus

Coriolanus is probably the most complex Shakespearean character and one of the first anti-heroes in literature, which raises the bar for representing him very high. Fiennes gives the man intensity but, apart from a couple of brilliant acting moments, he lacks in credibility. Although it shows a nothing special film direction, it is a very entertaining film, best served if one already knows the play.

16. porcelainfox's rating of the film Coriolanus

Didn't quite make the four stars for me (perhaps I simply wasn't in the right mood), although all the performances are spot on, and for a directorial debut - especially one that involves the slight modernisation of a Shakespeare play - the piece is very impressive.

17. Tigrão's rating of the film Coriolanus

18. jenifferp's rating of the film Coriolanus

19. deckard croix's rating of the film Coriolanus

An excellent debut & modernised adaptation of one of Shakespeare's often overlooked plays. Great performances and I LOVED that they kept the Shakespeare-speak...much more expressive than some kind of 'modernised translation' which would have sunk the film's quality in my opinion. Cinematography and editing was nice & directing was on point. Some flow problems near the end but a more or less faithful adaptation. Nice!

20. melimoi's rating of the film Coriolanus

Outstanding performances from Ralph Fiennes and Vanessa Redgrave. Fiennes truly makes the most of an originally flawed play.

21. Astho Baskoro's rating of the film Coriolanus

I've never watched movie like this before, I couldn't even describe it but I really like it. Ralph Fiennes proves us that Shakespeare can still exist in modern time.

22. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Coriolanus

Fiennes' direction and acting are good in this updated Shakespeare despite an annoying use of shaky-cam.

23. Rocketeam's rating of the film Coriolanus

You know how some people have "ambient noise machines" to wake up nicely and smooth each day...Well I want one that has Ralph Fiennes yelling Shakespeare lines so that I might start each day with the determination of a revengeful Roman commander.

24. willythesalesman's rating of the film Coriolanus

the movie did felt a bit odd at first but as it went on I was surprised how effective the it was. never mind the modernization, any Shakespeare movie is really about the actors and the director knowing how to speak Shakespeare, and these people do.