1. Eric Rucker's rating of the film Creepy

Wow, the guy who played the creepy killer was amazing! Teruyuki Tagawa. Thank you Mubi!

2. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film Creepy

In Shyamalan's Split we had a psychological thriller that became a supernatural one. This seems the opposite. Early scenes hint at something paranormal - the rustling wind, the isolation, the old dark house - before crossing back into the reality of the police procedural. Like Split it's also a film preoccupied with the Nietzschean concepts of power & destruction; with broken minds. A bizarre but unforgettable work.

3. G.'s rating of the film Creepy

Wow... only the Japs, man... only the Japs.

4. klofter's rating of the film Creepy

3,5 stars. First and foremost, this film is gorgeous to look at. Each frame is elegantly composed and choreographed. There is purpose and meaning to all of it. Kurosawa is a true master. While being maybe 15-20 mins too long, the story is a well-told mystery and psychological drama that unfolds slowly and escalates to a somewhat fantastical yet unsatisfying ending. All in all, a good if not great movie.

5. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Creepy

Eery tale very well built, and the lack of consistency in the script gives a fresh air of a good B movie plot.

6. Ariel Masta's rating of the film Creepy

When watching this, I noticed the slow-paced nature of certain scenes, as well as the sound organized within them with the dialogues, and some scenes that had no dialogue at all, clearly designed to increase our anxiety when watching a scene pan out. The lack of gore adds to this film’s horror feel, in my opinion, provoking the scary thought that this could actually happen to any one of us, convincing verisimilitude.

7. Landen Celano's rating of the film Creepy

Kurosawa might not be infallible, but he certainly makes audacious choices.

8. Nick Potter's rating of the film Creepy

I've been wanting to watch more Kiyoshi Kurosawa for a while and I have no excuse for this only being my second film. I want my third because I really liked this. Everything about the pacing and tone just worked for me here, and the nonstop sense of distrust permeates every frame.

9. Victor W's rating of the film Creepy

The title "CREEPY" couldnt have been better, as it had fantastic character development, wonderful suspense, and the perfect amount of creeps. A family who is the prime example of the "normal" Asian couple stumble upon a few neighbors who arent so normal. With the Husband being an ex detective he tries his best to suppress his occupational past. That is until he leaps right into a closed case that needs to be solved.

10. dotvom's rating of the film Creepy

Kiyoshi Kurosawa's "Creepy" brings a powerful and mounting sense of unease throughout the film. This deliciously slow building tension is created by a carefully thought out story that hits close to home. Strange interactions with a temperamental neighbor become more and more unsettling as the mystery begins to connect. An eerie score as well as riveting performances from the entire cast makes this film unforgettable.

11. Octavia's rating of the film Creepy

Creepy was not what I was expecting-but that's a good thing. I expected it to be much more gorey and violence-oriented due to the serial killer plot line. However, the film proved less is more and gave me the feeling of uneasiness. There were no cheap tactics or jump scares and left most to the viewers' imagination. Nishino (Teruyuki Kagawa) by far did his job: be creepy. Overall I enjoyed the film and give it a 4/5.

12. NovaCayne's rating of the film Creepy

The combination of music and cinematography accurately captured the creep factor of this movie. However, the story was a little hard to follow at times. I do like that the character's background pieced together bit by bit as the movie continued, but it didn't offer enough of a background or make it interesting enough for it to be a good or great movie. It did it's job as a horror movie, but not a good one.

13. Miggy Angel's rating of the film Creepy

kurosawa is a massive fav who has never let me down and to see a film of his start with such promise and then descend and completely collapse in the second half was really fkn sad

14. CHRIS's rating of the film Creepy

Unique story, with overlapping elements in the plot that connect throughout the film. Although a lengthy film, the way the build-up proceeded was very subtle and necessary for the story telling. The way things begun as ordinary interactions and then gradually slipped into this sinister world, is the highlight of the film. Any negatives to note rests in the movie's lengthiness, and certain decisions character's made.

15. Wyatt69's rating of the film Creepy

The film proves to be rightly disturbing and innovative in the sense of unease it stirs in the viewers. Kurosawa does not over-indulge the audience with visceral, gory imagery. Rather, the unfolding of unimaginable atrocities right beneath the thin guise of everyday life evokes a sense of the uncanny in the audience. "Creepy" leads its viewers to question the bonds of love in the face of psychopathy.

16. James Faketty's rating of the film Creepy

"Creepy" gives you a sense of unease throughout the film. Most horror flicks aspire to accomplish this goal, but "Creepy" excels. It builds suspense through its use of dramatic dialogue and intense lighting instead of through gore or loud noises. The cinematography is beautiful, not just for a horror film, but for a film in general, using vibrant colors and shots compact with information without being overbearing.

17. JoAnne Voightlander's rating of the film Creepy

Truly mesmerizing. Japanese storytellers have a way of making you believe premises you normally would not (evidence: EVIL AND THE MASK by Fuminori Nakamura; the manga version of OLD BOY). You might want to decompress after this film... do something light and calming, to remind yourself that everything is actually okay in the real world.

18. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Creepy

I understand what the movie was trying to do. I just don't think it worked. If you want to go down the mind control route, then don't throw in a bunch of hypnotic gestures. There was just too much absurdity to make it work. It wasn't even very clear what he wanted.

19. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Creepy

I'm not often terrified at movies anymore. Popular horrors are proposed to have their own logic to them, which robs them of their teeth. And the supernatural, too often, condescends to our level to torment us. But Kurosawa's best work squeezes the horror out of the everyday, the familial, and the banal, like blood wrung from a dirty towel. By the end, I was absolutely horrified - but not because this was creepy.

20. Eduardo Rodriguez's rating of the film Creepy

This film falls into the category of classicism. It is a very narrative driven story about a recently retired detective and his wife moving to a new town with a weird neighbor. It's a slow burning horror/thriller being driven by the mystery of what happened in the case of an unsolved family disappearance. A film in the vein of Cure with an atmosphere of dread, this is yet another great work by Kiyoshi Kurosawa.

21. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Creepy

(4.5 stars) A masterpiece of mood and tone. The music is incredibly instrumental in creating this. So well crafted and an an amazing enhancement to the carefully plotted story. What's really awesome is that you never really know how it is going to turn out or what the real deal is... until the very end. Part detective story, part serial killer drama, part mystical ghost story and part mental fuck. Mmm.... delicious.

22. Armando's rating of the film Creepy

The script is immensely flawed. The main character, the detective/hero, is ridiculously dumb. So many things don't add up. The inconsistencies in the plot undermine the overall effect. The redeeming aspects are the character of the villain/monster, remarkable actor, and the scenes in the secret dungeon. Asian horror reaches levels unheard of in Hollywood or European horror.

23. Matthew Martens's rating of the film Creepy

Credit ungrudgingly granted for all of its creeping, crawling camera work, which, along with respect for Kurosawa's earlier, superior efforts kept me watching up to the point of I-may-as-well-finish-the-thing, but this is horror of a particularly lazy sort, in which everyone is, when it counts, too stupid to believe, no matter how sensible they may seem the rest of the time. Though I suppose that's not unheard of.

24. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film Creepy

A return to form for Kurosawa! There are echoes of "Cure" in this tale of a detective drawn into a fatal game with an enigmatic and "persuasive" antagonist who behaves nothing like and ordinary movie villain. The movie is shot and scored wonderfully and the actors are pretty spot on. The film could have been trimmed a bit and Kurosawa could have kept us in the dark a bit more. Close to four stars.