1. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Cremaster 2

Norman Mailer doesn't masturbate. That's for pussies who can't get laid. But maybe sex without love is like masturbation inside a woman. I don't know. Norman Mailer doesn't dance. Tough guys don't dance. Luckily this movie has lots of vaginas for him to have sex with. On the positive tip, this movie has the wonderful amazing Patty Griffin. There she is in the picture. Betcha didn't know that!

2. Sean Patrick Stevens's rating of the film Cremaster 2

I loved the pacing and the music to this one and the final reveal is mind blowing. Probably my favorite "cremaster" film.

3. Aflwydd's rating of the film Cremaster 2

While it does help to understand what Barney is referencing in his works, I think you can appreciate them regardless, just as you can appreciate Ulysses or Gravity's Rainbow or a painting without understanding every metaphor and allusion. If there was nothing outside of the mythologies, I don't think many people would consider Barney to be a great artist (I'd like to think they wouldn't anyway!).

4. Michael Harbour's rating of the film Cremaster 2

Do you consider David Lynch to be terribly pedestrian and excessively beholden to the linear narrative? This could be right up your alley.

5. Cashew's rating of the film Cremaster 2

I liked the components a lot more than the whole. There were some really beautiful parts -- the mirrors and mirroring water, truly impressive bee wrangling, some really cool sculptures, lovely music. I am annoyed that this didn't make much sense until I read the synopsis afterwords. You kind of need to know the Gilmore stuff beforehand. A lot darker than I expected, and again, confusing dominatrixes. Cool though.

6. Pouya G. Asadi's rating of the film Cremaster 2