1. Valentin Alexandru's rating of the film Crime and Punishment

This is the best adaptation i've seen so far.

2. maksym hruszczenko's rating of the film Crime and Punishment

3. postblueink's rating of the film Crime and Punishment

4. raficue's rating of the film Crime and Punishment

I missed Svidrigailov's last dream and his suicide. But still being the best film based on Crime and Punishment.

5. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Crime and Punishment

Innokenty Smoktunovsky is a great Inspector Porfiry. I saw this film many years ago and I still remember it vividly.

6. TFCHooligan69's rating of the film Crime and Punishment

This film is fantastic. An adaption of the famous Fyodor M. Dostoevsky book. Highly recommended viewing.

7. Spiritchaser's rating of the film Crime and Punishment

It seemed also suicidal for a film to adapt one of the most brilliant, most wondrous novels of literature, but Kulidzhanov's film perhaps comes close to capturing the setting and mood with much adeptness.

8. Burcu's rating of the film Crime and Punishment

" I did not bow down to you, I bowed down to all the suffering of humanity.”

9. Martin Wilson's rating of the film Crime and Punishment

Anyone who has read Dostoyevsky's novel doesn't expect that a film will do it justice. This version, however, is remarkable for how much it does get right. It actually feels as though it were a product of the 19th century sensibility. Russian soul, at its best, gives works a heartfelt and authentic quality that elsewhere can seem mere artifice. Taratorkin, in his stove-pipe hat, is the very image of Raskolnikov.