1. runfromfire's rating of the film Crimson Peak

Cinematically beautiful. Narratively flat.

2. Inês Moreira Santos's rating of the film Crimson Peak

3. nadnab's rating of the film Crimson Peak

4. spasmolytic's rating of the film Crimson Peak

It's so so. Great art direction, and I love Mia Wasikowska. So that's about the only reason to watch it for me.

5. vordven's rating of the film Crimson Peak

6. kopfkompass's rating of the film Crimson Peak

A creepy and all rotten version of Downton Abbey.

7. Gia de Almeida's rating of the film Crimson Peak

I re-watched this last night and liked it substantially more than I did the first time around. Yesterday it downed on me what an amazingly complex, well constructed and well rounded character Lucille is. A villain not just for the sake of it, with a good back-story and reasons. Plus the cinematography, sets, costumes are beautiful to look at, a feast for the eyes. In love.

8. Ethan's rating of the film Crimson Peak

This is a brilliant and beautiful horror film that will haunt you long after you watch this. The acting is pitch perfect and so is the pacing. Del Toro is truly a master of horror and deserves to be doing a lot more movies.

9. Nick Schwab's rating of the film Crimson Peak

Del Toro is a master of using the horror genre as a larger metaphor, but in Crimson's Peak's case the story holds its meaning and plot mechanizations too close to its hand, and thus, fails at emotion in anything but its lush visuals, since its telling isn't gripping, nor is it anything but bland gothic-romantic melodrama, lacking wit and even surprise. Even its motifs lack creative bite in Del Toro's weakest.

10. Maia's rating of the film Crimson Peak

I really wish the movie was as good as the sets and costumes.

11. pluviosity's rating of the film Crimson Peak

It's a slash horror-period drama flick, that much I know. It really was lagged, particularly with the sadly predictable plot; however the weird thing is, I really think it might work if it was a tv series.

12. R's rating of the film Crimson Peak

gotta respect GDT for using a 10+ year old academy award nomination to fool people into thinking he's a genius.

13. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film Crimson Peak

The attention to detail in the design alone makes up for the so-so story. Jessica Chastain steals the show as usual.

14. FISCHER's rating of the film Crimson Peak

Mélange délicieusement amer entre gothique et fantastique, dans une étonnante et fastueuse scénographie angoissante et pourpre, sur fond d'horribles forfaits incestueux et meurtriers, pour un conte noir digne des grands romans anglais du genre... www.cinefiches.com

15. VivianDarkbloom's rating of the film Crimson Peak

16. Steve G.'s rating of the film Crimson Peak

The best bit of this is an image Del Toro pretty much steals from The Devil's Backbone and that says it all.

17. maddening cloud's rating of the film Crimson Peak

i'm here for my girl jessica chastain and those pretty colors

18. Ilona Buffet's rating of the film Crimson Peak

Yes it's beautiful but could you hire a screenwriter too?

19. _cmb's rating of the film Crimson Peak

3.5* Production design was amazing. Beautiful film to look at, but felt empty in other parts. Predictable and with various plot-holes and unexplored side-stories that often seemed more interesting than the main one. All these flaws are sugarcoated by Del Toro's pretty visuals, as usual, which made me enjoy the film, regardless. But yeah :/ kinda wanted it to be amazing.

20. Giulia Galbarini's rating of the film Crimson Peak

Yes, the fourth star was added because of the Shining tribute <3

21. Sara Gaspar's rating of the film Crimson Peak

Although all the gothic Charlotte Brontë atmosphere and despite being beautifully filmed, this film sadly brings nothing new and becomes too predictable.

22. TheCinemaAdventurist's rating of the film Crimson Peak

Kind of like if Days of Heaven was a ghost horror film?

23. Mario Tomchev's rating of the film Crimson Peak

Del Toro's worst is still watchable

24. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film Crimson Peak

Competent MTV version of Victorian Gothic...with a really dumb slasher ending. The Mary Shelley Incest Taboo (more obvious/explicit here) is the most interesting part.