1. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Cronos

Inventive but a little over-ripe. Del Toro would learn from Cronos to become a master film maker in the future.....

2. Ethan's rating of the film Cronos

This is an interesting spin on the vampire mythos and an extraordinary debut for Del Toro, even at the beginning of his career, he was already on top in a visual and a storytelling level.

3. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Cronos

why is this film so underrated?

4. HAD!L's rating of the film Cronos

for an easy and fun night. And you get to see the original Mathilda.

5. DenoResandono's rating of the film Cronos

6. ionosonde's rating of the film Cronos

wow, del toro's first film? pretty good! i mean, the acting and cinematography and whatever is all pretty standard but the imagery and ideas within the film are all really interesting. captivated me pretty much from the start.

7. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Cronos

The pacing seems a little off, but it isn’t too distracting. The style is cool, but it has a couple stupid moments, ones that are hard to compensate for. It’s fine. It’s no “Devil’s Backbone.”

8. SiIencio's rating of the film Cronos

Bleak, dark, macabre, obscure, plain, dull, uninspired. This is barely an original recreation of the vampire myth by drinking from many sources. Stylistically there is an abuse of dark and monochrome ambiance. Del Toro is still developing a trademark mood which will be used as a backdrop in future more mature films. Cronos feels like the first effort of a well-intended nerd who needs to leave his bedroom more often.

9. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Cronos

10. Sophia Park's rating of the film Cronos

I was too squeamish for a lot of this. Vampirism through alchemy is fun, and honestly, this is too lovingly shot to be 'ordinary,' really — there's a lot of skillful work here already.

11. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Cronos

A couple of great images (blood on the bathroom floor...), but this really disappointed me. It just feels so ordinary.

12. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Cronos

It's a fine movie. Not great, but one can see why it was Del Toro's breakthrough film. It redeems itself most through its themes and production quality (on paper, the characters are almost too simple), but it's worthy of a three-star rating, overall.

13. Siaudebert's rating of the film Cronos

Not the greatest but a good fantastic movie

14. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Cronos

A charming and intelligent horror movie (4.4/5)

15. Mubiey's rating of the film Cronos

A debut feature from del Toro is interesting one but I think this movie failed to succeed its intention.

16. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Cronos

Del Toro would end up with tighter, better developed material, but this shows how much of his sensibility had already formed by his first feature film: a mixture of fairy tales, Spanish Surrealism, comic books, offbeat humor, and Universal Horror monster make-up. An inventive if somewhat wonky vampire movie, fleshed out thematically by a compare-and-contrast of what helps make peace with dying.

17. dana danger's rating of the film Cronos

the first half is great - truly creepy and surprising. unfortunately, the second half goes exactly the places you'd expect it to. ron perlman is great, as always.

18. Frank Lato's rating of the film Cronos

19. Kasun Surindu's rating of the film Cronos

20. Log Lady's rating of the film Cronos

Some nice ideas but mostly very plain, bland and uninteresting. In Pan's Labyrinth I liked the sentimental aspect, in here the child character didn't do anything for me. The whole exploration of vampires/eternal life could have been great and original, but the execution fell flat.

21. Jimmi HRS's rating of the film Cronos

This film offers something a little bit more exotic to the typical vampire story. From the beginning of the film I was hooked and not entirely sure what to expect. Although the second half left me feeling disappointed as I feel that It digressed into something very predictable, and neglected to ever expose the true secrets of the device. This is a shame because the mystery of the device is what really set this apart.

22. A. Felix's rating of the film Cronos

He wanted a nose job. He got it.

23. Brad Barschow's rating of the film Cronos

Interesting early Guillermo Del Toro film, while I must say not the most "amazing" film, I was very entertained throughout.

24. W2's rating of the film Cronos

That little girl really liked her pop-pop. Skin, who needs skin?