1. Mr.Pacha's rating of the film Cross of Iron

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Cross of Iron

Une solide et magistrale interprétation de James Coburn... www.cinefiches.com

3. VincentVendetta's rating of the film Cross of Iron

After achieving complete confusion, the psychological realm collapses. I didn't think Peckinpah could make a more violent film than the Wild Bunch, but my God he found a way. The explosion of violence is not an emotional release though, it is a constant state of shock and horror.

4. ammar's rating of the film Cross of Iron

5. Elia Canevascini's rating of the film Cross of Iron

I bei film sulla seconda guerra mondiale che non si caga nessuno.

6. Gioele's rating of the film Cross of Iron

La guerra... è ridicola.

7. Güven Şahinkanat's rating of the film Cross of Iron

8. Ethan's rating of the film Cross of Iron

This is one of the best war films of all time, showing the true horrors of war. With a stellar performance from James Coburn this is Peckinpah's last great film that did to war films what The Wild Bunch did for westerns.

9. Dalibor's rating of the film Cross of Iron

I didn't mind the characters on the verge of banality, as war movies usually tend to present a greater-than-life meanings, offering width rather than depth. But for none of them to develop in any way throughout the whole thing, and offer but a spectrum of war related exhibitions, is disappointing. Luckily, the events and their unexpected interpretations are entertaining enough to hold the film together.

10. Howard Orr's rating of the film Cross of Iron

Somewhat dishevelled, but "Cross Of Iron" grows in my estimation every time I watch it. Peckinpah's final cry of resistance against the authoritarian rhetoric of any system, be it the Wild West of his masterful Westerns, or here the bluster of the Nazi system, where the wonderful James Coburn (fucking badass) pulls his own "Wild Bunch" finale against those that betrayed him and his platoon.

11. Illusion Travels By Streetcar's rating of the film Cross of Iron

"This is the logical extension of what Howard Hawks did with a lot of his movies." http://illusionpodcast.blogspot.com/2015/10/episode-73-long-fall-of-sam-peckinpah.html

12. paxy's rating of the film Cross of Iron

13. Ioanna-Violet's rating of the film Cross of Iron

I am not a fan of war films, but this one is a truly great war film indeed. Some scenes are very moving, some others terrifying, and some of them are deeply sad. I liked the direction by Peckinpah, and the cinematography of the film, and i loved James Coburn - a perfect fit for the role. I also liked James Mason - he is a great actor, and his performance here is definitely worth a mention.

14. Jonathan Smith's rating of the film Cross of Iron

Cross Of Iron may be set in WW2, but it feels much more like of the great anti war films bred out of the Vietnam War. Peckinpah's film is a disparaging, bleak and graphic look at the absurd and pointless nature of war. In true Peckinpah style there's unnecessary perverse amount of explosions, death stylishly filmed in slow mo which dilutes Coburn's interesting central narrative, but it still sends a powerful message.

15. DrFirestone's rating of the film Cross of Iron

Usually I don't enjoy 70's films about WW2. However I appreciate this one, as it's most likely one of the first telling the story from Germans' point of "view" and not showing them as monsters. Germans speaking English with British accent brings it down though in my opinion, sounds weird and out of place, and it was rather standard at the time the film was made...

16. Through A Glass, Darkly's rating of the film Cross of Iron

Successful,strangely engaging melange of gritty, entertaining war movie and original, smart and humorous war critique.

17. raggiodisole's rating of the film Cross of Iron

James Coburn, James Mason, war films, its like the Christmases of my childhood. gritty, but purposeless, which I suspect is entirely the point

18. Superfrog's rating of the film Cross of Iron

Deserves a good score for originality and success in depicting the madness and pointlessness of war, both directly and allegorically. Regrettably, and is spite of technically clean and well though photography, the film lacks a catching flow. Maybe it is another representation of war, but for someone convinced of its horror and pointlessness already this makes for an unsurprising and somehow long watch

19. RajP's rating of the film Cross of Iron

Very gritty, modern and unremitting in its depiction of the horrors of war. The Technicolor gives it a subdued look with greys almost greenish and yellows dulled.

20. Dennis Morgan's rating of the film Cross of Iron

One of the best war film ever made! James Coburn rules in this film. Peckinpah never made a better film than this one and the ending is superb!

21. sebastianbarronmubi's rating of the film Cross of Iron

22. Tommaso Paola's rating of the film Cross of Iron

23. Matija's rating of the film Cross of Iron

Makes me wonder why Sam's most famous film is Wild Bunch...and now I see what Spielberg watched for the Normandy sequence in Saving Pvt Ryan

24. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Cross of Iron

I saw this film when it first came out and I thought that it was one of Peckinpah's finest achievements. I am not sure why it is not more widely known. His editing is just as brilliant as in "Straw Dogs" and "The Wild Bunch."