1. thhart's rating of the film Cross

die größte Frage, die entsteht, ist: wie lang reicht der Sauerstoff? Mein Atem reicht nicht so lang. Zum Glück ein Shortie...

2. Lukas Hampl's rating of the film Cross

3. Anna's rating of the film Cross

Simple and laconic demonstration of coming-of-age.

4. Demetria Moondance's rating of the film Cross

Beautifully shot and emotions run the gamut. All at once liberating and confining us with tenderness and brutality.

5. El Biffo's rating of the film Cross

I love Russian cinema....usually. This one isn't worth the 14 minute investment.

6. Cid Medeiros's rating of the film Cross

I like the opening and the photography, but It kinda missed something in between.

7. dialupmodem's rating of the film Cross

8. msmichel's rating of the film Cross

Competition must have been pretty light in 2011.

9. Dogville59's rating of the film Cross

Sad how nasty humanity can be. Violence, lack of empathy, robbing someone in the woods. Life post Soviet doesn't seem so good?

10. Joe's rating of the film Cross

Run [in the] forest, run!

11. raggiodisole's rating of the film Cross

what, cross kid? nice location, weather good, peaceful end. But what? Stuck?

12. Kamil_K's rating of the film Cross

A simple but visually rich film, some of the best camerawork I've seen in a while. Also the ending image I thought was a really effective portrayal of life.

13. svenrufus's rating of the film Cross

Reading the blurb about this short tells you nothing really about what happens. Then watching it doesn't really give you much more to work on. Some decent filming, but ultimately lacking any purpose, meaning, significance - and crucially, interest. Short, but not worth the effort.

14. Beatrice's rating of the film Cross

Very effective closing sequence: running inside a tethered megaball and getting nowhere. The loneliness of the long-distance runner revisited? Fascinating and visually inspiring.

15. paul oram's rating of the film Cross

I found this mesmerising, it stays with you for a long time afterwards. The hopelessness of the protagonist's position is poignantly conveyed.

16. Dominic Rainsford's rating of the film Cross

Post-Soviet youth in the woods; atmospheric; allegory?

17. Weston Campbell's rating of the film Cross

Wanders aimlessly through a skewed world, adolescence more or less.

18. Nick Gaetano's rating of the film Cross

well done strange_running stuck

19. Yuri La's rating of the film Cross

Consciousness of the gaze, essence of cinema. Beautifully allusive.

20. Allan Struthers's rating of the film Cross

Puzzling little film. I took it to be a brief episode of seemingly unconnected events that cause the teenager to question his aspirations, as he discovers the difficulty, tragedy and ultimate futility of power through aggression. Very open ended.

21. mgaspa's rating of the film Cross

Too much real but a creative film

22. cinemali's rating of the film Cross

Interesting if you're willing to go through everything after watching the film, because nothing's even giving a hint to what this film is really about. It's all about the assembly. But yeah, the "twist" is a bit unrealistic since so close to the population. All in all, not that interesting afterall in my opinion. I preferred the short Trafic, which won the Palme D'or in 2008 if I'm correct.

23. rachel's rating of the film Cross

Not sure if I understand the intentions of this, but it was nothing special.

24. Lera's rating of the film Cross

Relatable if you are Russian, perfect symbols beautifully shot