1. nvmore's rating of the film Crossing the Bridge: The Sound of Istanbul

this film made me nostalgic for a city i've never been to

2. Daniel Iván's rating of the film Crossing the Bridge: The Sound of Istanbul

Surprising, amazing, intimate. This film is remarkable not only because of the inner beauty of its quest, but because of the detailed and polished level of its cinematography. Bravo.

3. db's rating of the film Crossing the Bridge: The Sound of Istanbul

Extraordinary. Quite likely the most _musical_ music documentaries I've ever seen. And, in its admirably non-linear way, very educational. (The soundtrack album is downloading from iTunes as I write this).

4. birthdayblues's rating of the film Crossing the Bridge: The Sound of Istanbul

Would love to see this - saw it in Berlin with German subtitles, would like to see with English subs

5. msmichel's rating of the film Crossing the Bridge: The Sound of Istanbul

Akin takes us on a journey through Istanbul by examining the city by entry point of its music. By the quality of the work displayed here I vote that he should do the same in cities all over the world! The film is exceptionally well edited and paced much like some of the fine music showcased. By following musician Alexander Hacke through various artists Akin found the perfect vehicle to capture the city.

6. Mohamad Sobhy's rating of the film Crossing the Bridge: The Sound of Istanbul

7. fran's rating of the film Crossing the Bridge: The Sound of Istanbul

I don't have words for this movie, the atmosphere of this city, the souls tha live there and the music: too far beautiful to put into simple words. Just watch it

8. Linda Crisan's rating of the film Crossing the Bridge: The Sound of Istanbul

This is what i'm talking about! The last bit with Sezen Aksu and the photomontage had the right amount of nostalgia and sentimentality to make a little tear drop.