1. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film Crossing the Line

The most enthralling and gratifying of the triptych of North Korea presented by Mubi, it details the account of an American defector to North Korea. Also by far the most polished as a film.

2. shane's rating of the film Crossing the Line

A tale that really could be written for the big movie screen. It told the story of an american that defected to North Korea and stayed there. The biggest thing that James accredits his ability and willingness to live in a society like is North Korea is adaptation. A great film that shows the will power of a human and the resiliance that humans have.

3. 2multo's rating of the film Crossing the Line

Tragically human. What is happiness without family, country, or politics? For many, like in this film--drudgery and boredom. For others, just something to do with our time. Glad I spent my time with this film.

4. Justin Hall's rating of the film Crossing the Line

Overly leading music, and about 1/2 hour too long. Interesting subject.

5. Austin Hurt's rating of the film Crossing the Line

Beautifully shot and unlike any story I have ever heard or seen before. Narrated by Christian Slater, his voice manages to carry the seriousness of this documentary. While also keeping the audience interested, which is hard to do in a documentary that angers many Americans. His voiceover is one of a kind and truly make this documentary like no other. You will never see another documentary like this one.

6. Calvin Head's rating of the film Crossing the Line

Crossing the Line is a glance at a lifestyle so flooring to american cinemas-goers that it seems like a fictional story. With a focus on historical propaganda, Crossing the Line shows an artistic side to the beast we all see. Taking no emphasis off the horror that exists in the walls of that of country, this film adds body to our image of life on the inside, providing unseen depth.

7. Anthony Dewar's rating of the film Crossing the Line

Daniel Gordon is bold in his directing to capture the bizarre life of Mr. Dresnok and edit the story objectively for the world to see. The visual feel of the film is grainy and has poor definition, but it contributes to the strange and undercover vibe of the film. Overall the film reveals an amazing nonfiction story that seems so surreal and unlikely that the viewer is left in disbelief and awe.

8. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Crossing the Line

Another look behind the walls of North Korea as a US military defector tells his story. The subject his HUGELY unlikable and kind of a despicable human being, but he certainly is fascinating. A pretty intriguing documentary.

9. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Crossing the Line

I kept thinking: yes, but what are they really thinking?

10. R_D_P's rating of the film Crossing the Line

Most DPRK docs about the country are interesting enough, this went even further than that with a truly unique story, but turned out to be spurious and duller than expected. Very little insight into the man's actual life, or DPRK in general.

11. spinninglovestory's rating of the film Crossing the Line

I have a huge North Korean/Dprk obsession. This is a fascinating documentary.