1. Jenny Coldpussy's rating of the film Crumb

What makes this so entertaining aren't really the morbid characters that are being interviewed but how candid and articulate they are about their quirks and their dysfunctional childhoods. And the fact that no one ever seems uncomfortable made me wonder if, as interesting as it is, this could just be a lazy documentary showcasing eccentrics instead of, you know...digging deep. But I love it anyway.

2. Erik F.'s rating of the film Crumb

3. Max Swanson's rating of the film Crumb

Endlessly fascinating portrait of a talented, deeply flawed and singular personality.

4. Ethan's rating of the film Crumb

This is a brilliant documentary that perfectly captures the personality and essence of this vibrant artist.

5. tyb's rating of the film Crumb

Intensely fascinating portrait of a hugely influential artist. As interesting as Crumb himself is, he pales in comparison to some of his family members, and the opportunity to get a look into his past and current family life alone is well worth watching it, even if you have no interest in Crumb's comics.

6. Francisco R.'s rating of the film Crumb

Much of the brilliance showcased in this documentary stems directly from the tortured, deeply flawed geniuses of all three Crumb brothers. Borderline schizophrenics in their childhood, only Robert managed to exorcise his demons entirely thorugh very detailed, bizarre yet masterful drawings of his all-dominating sexual neurosis, that of which his two brothers were hopeless victims. The epilogue is sad and shocking.

7. El Biffo's rating of the film Crumb

Screened at the Jerusalem Film Festival and I had drinks with Robert and Alene Crumb after.

8. ennui.'s rating of the film Crumb

I'm not so sure. Behind these filthy bunch of men dunno what to say. Charles seemed to be a different mind apart all that bad past. I'm not a supporter any kind of issues goin' on there. But this is a documentary about some kind of sad life.

9. Aardsy's rating of the film Crumb

Uninhibited, strange, uncomfortable, wonderful.

10. Glue Sniffer's rating of the film Crumb

11. kubrickhallway's rating of the film Crumb

An exemplary documentary; Zwigoff should be making more films.

12. cinegeek.de's rating of the film Crumb

Our Daily Free Stream: http://cinegeek.de/crumb-dvd Die Doku Crumb wirkt wie das Gipfeltreffen zweier Exzentriker: Der Cartoonist Robert Crumb trifft auf den Regisseur Terry Zwigoff. Beide teilen die Liebe für 78er Schallplatten aus den 20ern und spielten sogar gemeinsam in einer Band... (mehr auf cinegeek.de)

13. Daniel Iván's rating of the film Crumb

This movie goes way beyond the "biopic" concept and offers a detailed portrait of the art and motivations of Robert Crumb. It also gives a glimpse of the fascinating mind of Crumb's schizophrenic brother, perhaps the most endearing character of the movie. Fantastic!

14. daftnymph's rating of the film Crumb

"how perfectly goddamned delightful it all is, to be sure"

15. ihor's rating of the film Crumb

An intimate encounter into a true reclusive of a modern artist. A refreshing film that provides proof that the fascinating alienated, lost and disgusted characters prevalent in fiction truly exist within society trying to squirm away from it's trappings. The the difficulty to conform to social norms within society leading to a mixture of depression, surrealism, and the importance of art is also explored.

16. consuelo's rating of the film Crumb

17. Maria Aestas's rating of the film Crumb

It´s good but I wouldn´t recommend watching it. Talking about dark and painfull.

18. thomasjeff16's rating of the film Crumb

Fuck normality. We're all fucked up in our own way.

19. Göktan Çelikiz's rating of the film Crumb

Awesome life story has been told via genuine feelings and relations.

20. Ray Dademo's rating of the film Crumb

Remember when documentaries weren't all about social injustice or "issues"? Fascinating, creepy, and funny: the filmic equivalent of a great profile.

21. amysimpson's rating of the film Crumb

it was pretty interesting to begin with but I soon got really sick of Crumb's gross racist and sexist attitudes and didn't wanna watch it anymore, but this isn't Zwigoff's fault and I guess he did a good job with the film and I liked the interviews with the women who didn't like his work

22. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Crumb

Genial retrato biográfico del dibujante underground. "Crumb", sin embargo, es también el retrato de otros personajes que parecen salidos de la ficción del artista. Ellos son una mezcla de individuos grotestos, ocurrentes, patéticos y de un gran aura melancólico. Ingresar a la intimidad familiar de Crumb (pasado del mismo) es ese divergencia entre lo triste y lo divertido. Hay aire de erudición como también de derrota

23. Mihai Cristea's rating of the film Crumb