1. jonijtr's rating of the film Cure

the most scariest supernatural power is in inside all of us, perfectly crafted repetitions and powerful evaluation of psychological hysteria in Tokyo suburbia, Kiyoshi already cemented himself as the master of craft from this film

2. BernardoDiniz's rating of the film Cure

3. Mariana Mara Nascimento's rating of the film Cure

4. FISCHER's rating of the film Cure

Oeuvre envoûtante dans sa thématique, d'un cinéaste à suivre de toute urgence.. www.cinefiches.com

5. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film Cure

Rewatched on a whim. Still KK's best, I think. A murder mystery that questions the ideas of motive, ethics, identity, even consciousness (and by extension, reality) itself. Once those are gone, we're gone.

6. ermete polpette's rating of the film Cure

7. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Cure

8. yuriwalker's rating of the film Cure

Definitely one of the most terrifying film that I've ever seen. The mood and the atmosphere, oh man, I can talk about it for the rest of my life.

9. Miggy Angel's rating of the film Cure

10. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Cure

As far as serial killers stories go, "Cure" has a good, if not an entirely memorable premise. What makes it rise above as a(nother Kurosawa) masterpiece is how the director unnervingly sets his camera and actors. Kôji Yakusho and Masato Hagiwara are mesmerising. I instantly and instinctively replayed most of the long takes in confusion and awe.

11. mlstrx's rating of the film Cure

overwhelming. that last shot....... aaahh fuck just so incredible

12. noice's rating of the film Cure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjq_iNTFNYM *monkey covering eyes emoji*

13. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Cure

Surprisingly compelling, despite the fact the narrative (literally) derails for effect... but the wreckage is as fascinating as the ride you've been on since the beginning. It went places I wasn't expecting it to go, and it's all the better for it.

14. ikkini's rating of the film Cure

15. Renton47's rating of the film Cure

I must admit that during the second half of this there was a difficult struggle between my consciousness and the void of sleep, which perhaps renders my rating superfluous. But my inability to stay in the world of the living gave this film's hypnotic mode a certain poignancy, and I was feeling pulled in both directions towards a preternatural way of being.

16. ryan birch's rating of the film Cure

I found this seriously unsettling by the end.

17. unearthly_red's rating of the film Cure

ahh this was so well structured!

18. crnstsc's rating of the film Cure

19. Sacred White Noise's rating of the film Cure

I could watch this film once a week, every week for the rest of my life.

20. neurokot's rating of the film Cure

21. Gonçalo Rosas's rating of the film Cure

9 - Kurosawa's near-obsessive focus on the repetitive motions and sounds that reflect the crux of the killer's power of suggestion is a touch of genius, almost fourth wall-bending in the way it enhances the film's suffocating atmosphere of fear and discomposure. Kurosawa knows (or knew) that there is no supernatural phenomenon scarier than suppressed human desire.

22. bernardovazdecastro's rating of the film Cure

If there is any other possible "Teorema" is this one.This film is about the touch of evil and how that spreads (opposing an certain pasolini's redemption). The last shot is one of the most discreet, still one of the most powerful there i ever see (when the girl holds a knife, you can missed that in the middle of the shot in the restaurant). So, perhaps, more than "Teorema" is about "Saló".

23. paxy's rating of the film Cure

24. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Cure

You would be mistaken to think of Kurosawa as just another horror director. What he does cannot be duplicated in Hollywood, no matter how much money they throw at it.