1. xacobe's rating of the film Cut

demasiado 60 y pico minutos recreandose en el puto corte

2. ujjwal's rating of the film Cut

the observational piece, shot with great discipline, and without trying to eXplain much is a really beautiful piece. The director maintains a distance and is editing the film with the rhythm evocative of the action being done. The use of music, at least in the beginning was a bit annoying but it all comes together eventually. The patience in the filming and editing is commendable.

3. Ivan Almeida's rating of the film Cut

La vida del zafrero es mas allá del corte de la caña.

4. robert clough's rating of the film Cut

Films don't have to be anything

5. Aube James's rating of the film Cut

By deleting camera movements and overusing establishing shots, Guerrero seems to say "This is the full story of this place". Not everyone can stand being alone in their thoughts. These cutters can.

6. ahermosilla's rating of the film Cut

7. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Cut

It's a strong experience to watch this doumentary, because the camera forces you to look at the men doing their daily work. Furthermore, in keeping the changes of the scenario unpredictable Guerrero creads a certain kind of tension.

8. josh scam's rating of the film Cut

one can only be hypnotized if they choose to be

9. Matt McManus's rating of the film Cut

Cool static camera to show the length of time and labor the goes into this harvest. That being said, it certainly makes the movie feel like its dragging on. Watching this film to its completion is just as laborious

10. Arsenewho's rating of the film Cut

11. Nadin's rating of the film Cut

One of the best slow films I have seen in a while. Stunning photography and a leisurely pace make for a wonderfully contemplative film experience.

12. aaa88's rating of the film Cut

I don't understand why use film instead digital camera. Efficient and simple concept. Good for a video-installation: you can keep it going and do something else.

13. Rohan Berry's rating of the film Cut

Incredibly challenging endurance test of a documentary in which fixed frame setups are interspersed by end of film reel effects. Dull repetitiveness is only leavened by the richness of some of these shot compositions, that allow the viewer to fall into an almost hypnotic viewing experience. As much as these kinds of film projects are admirable, I'm not sure who the audience for them really is.

14. GreenROCK's rating of the film Cut

Are we being entertained? Did not get the point.

15. DrFirestone's rating of the film Cut

Beautiful and one of a kind... Excellent visuals and sound. It somehow manages to express the rhythm and monotony of sugar cane harvester's work... I enjoyed the lack of narration, and to my surprise I was interested how the next scene and stage of the process would be...

16. Susana B.'s rating of the film Cut

the smell of canes in the heat, of them burning, of the work of cutting them down, of one day after the other

17. dialupmodem's rating of the film Cut

18. Mazey Holland's rating of the film Cut

Beautifully ethnographic in style

19. Squashua's rating of the film Cut

Bizarrely enthralling. Like a series of moving paintings.

20. Anita G's rating of the film Cut

This film made me realise that a static camera forces a viewer to think and feel, whereas a constantly moving camera does the thinking and feeling for you. I could really feel the heat and also could appreciate how those clean clothes must have felt at the end of the shift !

21. Daniel Metcalf's rating of the film Cut

This documentary-style film shows us the jobs of those involved in the Sugar Cane cutting industry of South America. It's a pleasure to the ears and eyes of the viewer, using beautifully composed imagery and well-designed sound editing to create a fascinating rhythm to tell, and allow us to feel, the story of those involved in the different stages of the operation.

22. raggiodisole's rating of the film Cut

Really rather engrossing. like the very best ambient music, I could feel my rhythms slow down as I was absorbed into the scenes

23. Penelope q's rating of the film Cut

I could feel the heat and exaustion.

24. Cid Medeiros's rating of the film Cut

I think maybe this movie is about methodology because all you got is to watch how the sugarcane harvesting works. The ritual of hand cutting and burning the plantation in order for the tractors to pick it up. With no music and no dialogues all you can do is to imagine how hot and exhausting this kind of work must be.