1. haugenlars's rating of the film Cutter's Way

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Cutter's Way

Alex Cutter, rentré infirme du Vietnam, vit avec sa femme dont il refuse l'amour et Richard Bone, un ami. Ce dernier se voit, un jour, accusé de meurtre. Il est relâché, mais croit reconnaître, peu après, le coupable, que Cutter est bien décidé à faire chanter... Un excellent Jeff Bridges... www.cinefiches.com

3. El Biffo's rating of the film Cutter's Way

I love the New Hollywood style but couldn't care less about the murder mystery, even if it is sort of a non-mystery, which is better. But too much plot and talking about it just detracts from a good film. I liked the scenes of Old Spanish Days parade in Santa Barbara. Jeff Bridges is just starting to mature as an actor here, and there's a cameo with Nina Van Pallandt (The Long Goodbye). 3.7 not bad at all.

4. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Cutter's Way

5. cinegeek.de's rating of the film Cutter's Way

(...)Der Film kam 1981 in die Kinos aber atmete immer noch die Atmosphäre der späten 60er. Fast scheint es so, als ob die verlorenen Ideale der Zeit nur noch von ein paar ausgebrannten Überlebenden hochgehalten werden.(...)

6. Denis Zordan's rating of the film Cutter's Way

7. Blumes's rating of the film Cutter's Way

"Great art demands a great audience."

8. S Campbell's rating of the film Cutter's Way

9. Droog811's rating of the film Cutter's Way

3 1/2 stars actually. Great neo- noir film from the early 80s. Jeff Bridges is great as Bone, but John Heard as his obsessive friend makes this whole film that much better. Loved the ambiguous ending.

10. el.'s rating of the film Cutter's Way

offering the viewer the benefit of the doubt while combining themes that work so well together should be praised as a job well done in the domain of plot development. add a very fine performance by j.heard and some pretty quirky and daring scenes and you have a great thing in front of you. if only it weren't for that occasional sidetracking and a very silly ending...

11. Addy K.'s rating of the film Cutter's Way

A stone cold masterpiece, CUTTER'S WAY continues—to this every day—to fly under radars. Director Ivan Passer artfully (and invisibly) mixes the real and the fantastic with only the Don Quixotic ending betraying the master's hand. Rather than discussing the film's politics or noir elements, shall we pick one of its many moral ambiguities? A lover is used by our good heroes, then mourned with neither tears nor regret.

12. Des Horne's rating of the film Cutter's Way

Who'd have thought the most far-out Southern California movie would take place in Santa Barbara? The cinematography is gorgeous. And I love how the Coens totally ripped this off.

13. mubianer's rating of the film Cutter's Way

Does this film have the honour of being the last American New Wave film? Or is it Heaven's Gate? Or Scarface...?

14. Pierluigi Puccini's rating of the film Cutter's Way

Non-cohesive but impressively charismatic and well performed neo noir. Bridges, Heard and Lisa Eichhorn have great chemistry together and richly defined characters with rough edges. My only regret is that the plot never tickens, and wanders without consistency through romance, comedy and paranoia. The story ends on a grim, and yet perfect note.

15. José Neves's rating of the film Cutter's Way

"Desire" list: Jeff Bridges. "(...) and down the lengthening shadow of an Abyssinian head / in the dust, trailing their long elegant heels of hot air (...)" (Frank O'Hara)

16. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film Cutter's Way

Una thriller nada convencional, poblado por personajes de fuerte personalidad (John Heard se luce en la piel del rebelde, sarcástico e idealista Alex Cutter). El final es inquietante y contundente. Altamente recomendable.

17. _Tyler_'s rating of the film Cutter's Way

J.J. Cord, who represents everything that is cold, cruel and without soul, is surely one of cinema's most terrifying villains. He is the ultimate puppet-master -- on the periphery, out of sight, always on the mind. The film's final words are particularly unsettling because of what they imply about the irrelevance of moral accountability in the face of so much power and influence (to say nothing of the ambiguity).

18. Lavaggio Risciacquo Ripetizione's rating of the film Cutter's Way

19. Ghostman's rating of the film Cutter's Way

One of the most overlooked and underrated movies ever. Truly a great film.

20. Garry Eunson's rating of the film Cutter's Way

We all know/have known a Alex Cutter, as funny as he is sad. Watched this film many years ago, & it suprised me (while watching the film tonight) how much of it has stayed with me over the years. As much as I enjoyed seeing it again, it meant more to me when I had less. The ending is more ambiguous than I remember. But could have done with seeing more of the villain/victim earlier to build more tension. But unique.

21. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Cutter's Way

Some movies are a-temporal, others are firmly encrusted in their time. So CUTTER'S WAY reflects the blues of post-Vietnam war Hollywood. With Lisa Eichhorn who didn't have the career she deserved. Recommended.

22. Pierre's rating of the film Cutter's Way

This is a great film to discover if you're looking around for a noir from a really weird era in the US. Some of it feels rotten and tired. Jeff Bridges and John Heard are two guys out of their element and out of time, trying to make money.