1. Nachtreich's rating of the film Cyrus

2. Kamran's rating of the film Cyrus

A character study utilizing whip zooms as superficial but effective technique for empathy. The stellar cast makes it work. 75/100 - Very Good.

3. Amandenberg's rating of the film Cyrus

There's a lot about this film I didn't like. I have, however, witnessed a strange mother/son relationship like one in this film. The awkwardness captured in the film was appreciated, but it just kind of missed the mark for me.

4. Swag Yolo's rating of the film Cyrus

The major problem of this movie is that it tries to create a balance between drama and comedy, and it fails. You can call this movie a heavy comedy... or a light drama, you choose. The movie is accompanied by a soft, relaxing soundtrack that fits finely with the movie.

5. CafeGradiva's rating of the film Cyrus

6. jenifferp's rating of the film Cyrus

7. rowdyman's rating of the film Cyrus

Funny, awkward, creepy… understated comedy works because of the strong cast. Reminded me of a Nicole Holofcener film. Maybe it would have been better with a little less jittery hand-held camera but still surprisingly good. The world needs more John C. Reilly.

8. NenaNadine's rating of the film Cyrus

Borders on Creepy and Funny. I liked it.

9. Cromm Crúaich's rating of the film Cyrus

I found it difficult to laugh at let alone enjoy anything about it as a whole.

10. Paulitics's rating of the film Cyrus

The best bits were all Jonah.

11. TakaAwesome's rating of the film Cyrus

Not bad. Still don't like the cinematography of the Duplass brothers' films, but having talented actors do the mumblecore thing here worked for me much better than having amateurs attempt acting. I love John C. Reilly and Marisa Tomei, so that helps.

12. Glim Ho's rating of the film Cyrus

这特么是真的小-清-新!!

13. CGI Baby's rating of the film Cyrus

I think the Duplasses ripped off Moodysson with the zoom-ins.

14. goeienag's rating of the film Cyrus

This film caused a great amount of unnecessary discomfort in my life. Meaning, I enjoyed it.

15. Mr.Wolf's rating of the film Cyrus

"Dont you want me baby....." Havent stoped singing it all day.

16. Xurxo G Penalta's rating of the film Cyrus

c.reilly and tomei give a naturally humorous feel to the story, jonah hill sweats balls just to stand near them, playing someone waaaay different from what he's shown so far and the whole film suffers for it. either miscast or the character needed some rewriting adapting it to hill's potential. the story was probably funny and tense enough on paper so there's plenty of material to be enjoyed on a first watch.

17. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film Cyrus

I'm really not a fan of the Duplass brothers' mumblecore style, but this film - some annoying camerawork aside - is easily among their best work, thanks to the well-drawn, perfectly cast characters. It does a clever job of balancing its disparate tones, from heartfelt romance to uncomfortable comedy, but then undercuts itself with an ending that's disappointingly soft.

18. CRW's rating of the film Cyrus

Some of the scenes between John and Jonah are INCREDIBLE.

19. Don't Get Nasty Brother's rating of the film Cyrus

Genial el minimalismo de la película, sobre todo en la forma. Aunque a veces llama demasiado la atención. "Mírenme, soy una película totalmente natural y realista"; especialmente con el uso y abuso del zoom pero en general es muy buena historia y el cast está bien acertado. Aún no veo otra película del "mumblecore" pero debo aceptar que estoy intrigado. Recomendable.

20. Bill Arceneaux's rating of the film Cyrus

Humanity that I wish I could've cared about more

21. mjgildea's rating of the film Cyrus

I liked how I wasn't forced to watch Jonah Hill do the same acting parlor trick but that doesn't make him likable. The rest of the cast was decent and Cyrus had a few legitimately funny moments. You're really not missing anything here...

22. Nathan Deming's rating of the film Cyrus

This should've been a short film, I think that is the main problem.

23. James Frazier's rating of the film Cyrus

The performances were uniformly some of the year's best. On the other hand, were you to rank the year's top 50 scripts, I'm not sure it would sneak into the bottom five. The ending was emphatically lame. Sounds like I'm kidding, but final 10 minutes really would have been better had John C. Reilly kicked Jonah Hill down those stairs.

24. Thresk's rating of the film Cyrus