1. FISCHER's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

Quelques savoureuses tranches de vie, dans un passé désormais révolu... www.cinefiches.com

2. Francesca Gavin's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

Utter perfection. Beautiful melancholic sweet beauty.

3. Victor Gonzalez's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

It is like looking at a portrait lost in time. Playing with the concept of Daguerre and these neighbours living in this street makes you wish you had a time machine. Wonderful film.

4. Elinor Lewy's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

Wonderfully moving and human. The woman working in the pharmacy was captivating and heart-breaking to watch.

5. AlexOgi's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

Wow ! What a splendid film and great idea. in the end I had somehow tears in my eyes. this film makes you think at so many things during the 75 minutes. I would love to live in a world like that, everything was somehow simpler. there were no huge supermarkts, there was a closer relationship between humans.

6. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

7. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

An experimental documentary in terms of format. It explores the complexities that bely a simple street scene.

8. Crina Cătălina's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

(2.5) turned off by the magician tricks

9. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

Again the product of Varda's sensitive, humorous way of looking. It is both a homage to her neighbourhood and an era. We can see Varda's humorous approach especially in the editing process.

10. hazailb's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

<3 If I live in 14eme, how touching it will be to walk down Rue Daguerre !

11. Ekaterina Chernyaeva's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

A universe seems to be full of universes and Rue Daguerre is one of them and then Rue Daguerre is full of Daguerreotypes who are universes themselves. And Agnes Varda explores those universes. And it is so good to get a inside these worlds through her lenses. You always feel if a director treasured her personages/characters, it's made with such delicacy and genuine interest.

12. Joseph Davila's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

A surprisingly entertaining, compelling, and even endearing portrait of la vie cotidiene of a plain district and of the people you can find 50 yards from your own door.

13. Vjesnik Zla's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

14. roromancl's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

Agnés Varda's films are filled with life. This wonderful documentary explores a Paris street and its inhabitants in 1975. The first time I was in Paris was 1976, and this film struck a deep note of nostalgia...

15. Alex Hall's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

Wonderful documentary from Agnes Varda, with some stunning portraits. I think Walker Evans would call this lyrical documentary. Will we ever see tradespeople like this ever again?

16. Chocnut's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

There's no forgetting the perfumer's wife.

17. fungus's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

Stunning movie. Very beautiful and touching.

18. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

One of my favorite Vardas: the human texture around us, if we only take the time to look, and ask.

19. Andrea Araya's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

20. ahermosilla's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

historias que impresionan....

21. El Biffo's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

Varda's portrait of the people on her street in a working-class neighborhood meets all my expectations for what a good documentary should be. We see working people in their real environments, standing up, working, moving around-and never do we see anyone sitting in a chair talking! I don't know who invented that format of filming people sitting in chairs talking,but those film makers can learn from people like Varda!

22. mabsut's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

This film like most/all (?)of Varda´s work projects the dignity of ordinary people and their work.

23. Louisload's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

The people, the love, the dreams, the colors: A static portrait of a neighbourhood, one which we will never meet, because today everything is different. Pure suburban normality... and beautiful.

24. mbr's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

A brillant homage to a neighbourhood. Images and everyday sounds woven into an essay of life on a Paris street.