1. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

2. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

An experimental documentary in terms of format. It explores the complexities that bely a simple street scene.

3. Crina Cătălina's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

(2.5) turned off by the magician tricks

4. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

Again the product of Varda's sensitive, humorous way of looking. It is both a homage to her neighbourhood and an era. We can see Varda's humorous approach especially in the editing process.

5. hazal ilbay's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

<3 If I live in 14eme, how touching it will be to walk down Rue Daguerre !

6. Ekaterina Chernyaeva's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

A universe seems to be full of universes and Rue Daguerre is one of them and then Rue Daguerre is full of Daguerreotypes who are universes themselves. And Agnes Varda explores those universes. And it is so good to get a inside these worlds through her lenses. You always feel if a director treasured her personages/characters, it's made with such delicacy and genuine interest.

7. Joseph Davila's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

A surprisingly entertaining, compelling, and even endearing portrait of la vie cotidiene of a plain district and of the people you can find 50 yards from your own door.

8. Vjesnik Zla's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

9. roromancl's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

Agnés Varda's films are filled with life. This wonderful documentary explores a Paris street and its inhabitants in 1975. The first time I was in Paris was 1976, and this film struck a deep note of nostalgia...

10. Alex Hall's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

Wonderful documentary from Agnes Varda, with some stunning portraits. I think Walker Evans would call this lyrical documentary. Will we ever see tradespeople like this ever again?

11. Chocnut's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

There's no forgetting the perfumer's wife.

12. fungus's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

Stunning movie. Very beautiful and touching.

13. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

One of my favorite Vardas: the human texture around us, if we only take the time to look, and ask.

14. Andrea Araya's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

15. ahermosilla's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

historias que impresionan....

16. El Biffo's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

Varda's portrait of the people on her street in a working-class neighborhood meets all my expectations for what a good documentary should be. We see working people in their real environments, standing up, working, moving around-and never do we see anyone sitting in a chair talking! I don't know who invented that format of filming people sitting in chairs talking,but those film makers can learn from people like Varda!

17. mabsut's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

This film like most/all (?)of Varda´s work projects the dignity of ordinary people and their work.

18. Louisload's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

The people, the love, the dreams, the colors: A static portrait of a neighbourhood, one which we will never meet, because today everything is different. Pure suburban normality... and beautiful.

19. mbr's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

A brillant homage to a neighbourhood. Images and everyday sounds woven into an essay of life on a Paris street.

20. Tutu888's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

Warm and tender view of a world already disappeared. Go with streetview through Rue Daguerre and see it's lost all its identity.

21. yannisky's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

A wonderful film as usual from Varda. My one reservation was that half way through the film the inclusion of the magician sequences pulled the film away from the real focus of the narrative - the vivid portraits of the people of Rue Daguerre - and underlined a metaphor between reality and illusion a little to heavily.

22. Nadia's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

Un portrait beau et poétique du quartier et ses commerçants signé Agnès "Daguerréotypesse "!

23. Conrado's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

A charm film about real life, real people, back in the seventies in a France that I believe doesn't exist anymore.

24. Daniel Rognskog's rating of the film Daguerréotypes

I had a hard time breathing during the scenes where they tell about their dreams.