1. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Daisy Kenyon

There's not a predictable moment in Preminger's film, which has wrongly been called a melodrama. Sure, emotions are heightened in this post-war love drama, but Preminger's film feels more like a piece of realism. This is how we behave.

2. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Daisy Kenyon

This is a mainstream movie. Yes, there was a time when Hollywood producers had a little consideration for the audience or rather when Hollywood producers were educated. Dana Andrews, Joan Crawford and Henry Fonda form here three of the most complex characters brought to screen by American cinema of that period. Not a single gun is involved. Masterpiece.

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Daisy Kenyon

Film fort rare voire invisible qui ne pouvait que réserver que d'agréables surprises. www.cinefiches.com

4. Aida's rating of the film Daisy Kenyon

"I've been walking around all afternoon, three blocks north, three blocks south, south by north - I can't wander all my life. I've got to be going somewhere. Can you understand that? Even if it's to the movies!"

5. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Daisy Kenyon

6. Jason's rating of the film Daisy Kenyon

Handily one of the greatest studio films of the lustrous (if resoundingly bleak) 1940s. Preminger was a forward-looking master of adult realism. His characters brazenly behave like complicated mature human beings. Actors are encouraged to underplay, and are utilized brilliantly as primary agents through whom the stories are told. This one has the benefit of being buttressed by an absolutely phenomenal screenplay.

7. nessmj's rating of the film Daisy Kenyon

Preminger at times strikes me as a bit clinical. Initially we view Peter as a bit of an oddball. Eventually we see that perception of Peter's being calculating, occasionally bordering cold, are a vessel for his love. Ultimately, being ensnared in love is less attractive that existing freely to love as one pleases.

8. Illusion Travels By Streetcar's rating of the film Daisy Kenyon

"Do you think these dysfunctional personalities are essential to film noir?" "Absolutely!" http://illusionpodcast.blogspot.com/2014/11/episode-36-films-noir-of-otto-preminger.html

9. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Daisy Kenyon

I watched this film without preconceptions. It absorbed me instantly. I am NOT a fan of Joan Crawford but I thought she served the concept. It is a very sophisticated movie that reflects Preminger's worldliness. The acting matters in the way it matters in ""L'avventura." It becomes part of the whole.

10. Johnny's rating of the film Daisy Kenyon

Joan Crawford's best? One of them at least. Actresses today would kill for a part like this.

11. Jonathan Shields's rating of the film Daisy Kenyon

All three performances are delicious.

12. tasha 2202's rating of the film Daisy Kenyon