1. Fabiha's rating of the film Damnation

"I sit by the window and look out completely in vain. For years and years I've been sitting there, and something always tells me that I'll go mad the next moment. But I don't, and I have no fear, because fear of madness would mean that I'd have to cling to something. Yet, I don't cling to anything. I cling to nothing, but everything clings to me."

2. vizija's rating of the film Damnation

I am the dog You are like me. Brilliant music and cinematography.

3. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film Damnation

4. dordairobert's rating of the film Damnation

5. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Damnation

6. FISCHER's rating of the film Damnation

Jamais film n'a trouvé une aussi forte osmose entre un état d'âme, un quotidien de vie et un paysage, une contrée, un lieu. Un chef-d'oeuvre incontournable. Notre film préféré parmi plus de dix mille visionnés ! www.cinefiches.com

7. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Damnation

8. ermete polpette's rating of the film Damnation

9. Balthaz21's rating of the film Damnation

10. ceknklsn's rating of the film Damnation

53/100 (Bela Tarr filmlerini seviyorum ama mahalledeki bakkalın bile felsefe yaptığı filmleri sevmiyorum.)

11. Slow Immersion [Joe]'s rating of the film Damnation

Seas and fogs of emptiness <3 Tarr creates such strong worlds, and his form is wonderful, and thematically bleak and interesting. One of the five great artists in narrative cinema, to have ever lived!

12. Kamran's rating of the film Damnation

Showcasing Tarr's transition from apprentice to master. The film displays practice of new aesthetic forms and thematic vision which would be later realized in full with the 7hr masterpiece Satantango and his magnum opus Werckmeister Harmonies. 83/100 - Great.

13. bagno's rating of the film Damnation

14. Nachtreich's rating of the film Damnation

15. João Portalegre's rating of the film Damnation

I didn't get it. at times it seems like it's trying to be noir, at others an existential meta-romance. it establishes a structure only to abandon it completely. it's got a problem with balancing image with dialogue. it just feels like tarr was experimenting more than trying to make a concise piece, to me. it is a beautifully made film and has got such a spot-on ending, though.

16. bernardovazdecastro's rating of the film Damnation

I was a big admirer of Béla's work, until I rewatch this film yesterday and everything collapsed. Resisting until the end was a painful and boring experience. Why? Travellings and more travellings (always the same movement, very slowly and at first unfocused until get to the character), pocket philosophy and the most annoying music (like Straub said about this useful use, "one more brush").

17. José Neves's rating of the film Damnation

re-rating. What almost 10 years ago seemed to be of an unusual order and density, now, again a film projection, appeared to be rhetorical and of a tiring dynamic thinking, constantly reiterated and underlined - the dialogues are, mostly, illustrative. The slow traveling shots that seemed to be builders of a mental space are now redundant and mere reiterative descriptors of a narrative processuality.

18. rian's rating of the film Damnation

I know your eyes in the morning sun, i feel you touch me in the pouring rain, and the moment that you wander far from me, i wanna feel you in my arms again.

19. sacajawèale's rating of the film Damnation

"I realized that i can never get close to that world. I can only long for it, because it's hidden by a light and warmth that i cannot bear. But since you are part of it you mean the world to me. That can ever change."

20. Sarika Joglekar's rating of the film Damnation

21. sax_and_violins's rating of the film Damnation

22. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Damnation

I love how visually poetic this film is... Bela Tarr is one of the great cinematic masters!

23. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film Damnation