1. MisterColo93's rating of the film Damnation

2. sabrina's rating of the film Damnation

As if the camera drifted through space in no intentional direction. Tarr is honestly not my fav, but I can appreciate his work for his context/moment. I also wondered if Lynch was into Tarr, the performance scenes seem to have some common threads (eg. muholland drive, wild at heart).

3. Renton47's rating of the film Damnation

You wouldn't praise Damnation without reference to its immense photographic qualities, drab and with all the adjectives you might use describing post-rock albums. I can't reconcile this complex industrial beauty with the fleeting humanity seen on screen, lacking any spark of decency. There is a mid-film monologue which drained my sympathies - I left this brand of existential angst at university.

4. Psycoteraphy's rating of the film Damnation

5. tri ...'s rating of the film Damnation

I am delighted with music 4+

6. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Damnation

7. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Damnation

8. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Damnation

This is the beginning of the style he would use until the end of his career. It features long takes and beautiful black and white photography. The film starts out in the narrative realm, and then becomes more about mood as the camera takes on some of the characteristics of the main character.

9. F/K's rating of the film Damnation

Despite the slow drawn out pace, Tarr has managed to burn the scenes of the film in my skull. This isn't a film where he explores a single theme, but rather he manages to give us a glimpse of a bleak, apocalyptic, and despiritualized world, plus some of the conversations were really interesting. Pure visual poetry at it's finest.

10. K_Tarr's rating of the film Damnation

3.5 -- Endless rain, feral dogs and the droning of machinery compliment the film's desolation, but sadly the protagonist's story doesn't hold up as well as Tarr's other works of the same atmosphere.

11. C҉ă҉t҉ă҉l҉i҉n҉'s rating of the film Damnation

Baseless connotations; vague contextualization; self-styled omnipotence; Antidirectors avoid the meat of things, they call their cowardly mental fugue art, or pass it on further in the sheep Olympics of mirroring (Cannes, TIFF) as viable products. The notion of minimalism in film functions like that: merely a shift of representation from functional recognition to mimesis, dressed as an excuse for stylistic renewing.

12. Walker's rating of the film Damnation

A powerful vision on a scale of bleakness that is rarely offered up in movies. The cinematography is stunning as well. It is a great one; I cannot wait to see more from Tarr.

13. spAce__'s rating of the film Damnation

"I sit by the window and look out completely in vain. For years and years I've been sitting there, and something always tells me that I'll go mad the next moment. But I don't, and I have no fear, because fear of madness would mean that I'd have to cling to something. Yet, I don't cling to anything. I cling to nothing, but everything clings to me."

14. vizija's rating of the film Damnation

I am the dog You are like me. Brilliant music and cinematography.

15. Luca Di Gianni's rating of the film Damnation

16. dordairobert's rating of the film Damnation

17. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Damnation

18. FISCHER's rating of the film Damnation

Jamais film n'a trouvé une aussi forte osmose entre un état d'âme, un quotidien de vie et un paysage, une contrée, un lieu. Un chef-d'oeuvre incontournable. Notre film préféré parmi plus de dix mille visionnés ! www.cinefiches.com

19. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Damnation

20. ermete polpette's rating of the film Damnation

21. Balthaz21's rating of the film Damnation

22. ceknklsn's rating of the film Damnation

53/100 (Bela Tarr filmlerini seviyorum ama mahalledeki bakkalın bile felsefe yaptığı filmleri sevmiyorum.)

23. Slow Immersion's rating of the film Damnation

Seas and fogs of emptiness <3 Tarr creates such strong worlds, and his form is wonderful, and thematically bleak and interesting. One of the five great artists in narrative cinema, to have ever lived!

24. Kamran's rating of the film Damnation

Showcasing Tarr's transition from apprentice to master. The film displays practice of new aesthetic forms and thematic vision which would be later realized in full with the 7hr masterpiece Satantango and his magnum opus Werckmeister Harmonies. 88/100 - Excellent.

← Previous 1 3 4