1. Vjesnik Zla's rating of the film Dance Party, USA

2. Jed Dodd's rating of the film Dance Party, USA

Bleak view of teenage life in America. There is not a lot to like about the protagonist but he still ends up getting the girl in the end. He tries to redeem himself by finding the girl he raped but when she doesn't tell remember him or tell him that she had been raped he acts as if it didn't happen and that seems to be good enough for him. Also, what does it say about the girl who falls for him through his confession

3. db's rating of the film Dance Party, USA

Really enjoyed this. Don't know if I've ever seen a film that so captured just what being a bored teenager in the throes of a stupid American summer is like. And didn't strike a single false note in the process, as far as I can tell.

4. saitosouta's rating of the film Dance Party, USA

Wow, I'm surprised that this so-called mumblecore movie depicts how deeply rooted rape culture is in our society, how many ordinary people has a that terrible sense of values & how comfortably such people live in this world.

5. stkao05's rating of the film Dance Party, USA

Aesthetic wise a lot of scenes were a bit mundane and rough. Some scenes were meant to be emotionally provoking but felt a bit artificial. The movie, just like its story, was in this "in-between" state.

6. Ioana's rating of the film Dance Party, USA

i swear i've never seen a sweeter movie.

7. Paul Cozighian's rating of the film Dance Party, USA

8. marinos@agxivatein.com's rating of the film Dance Party, USA

Regardless various substandard technicalities, it's an honest ethnographic try. I could feel the awkwardness of the age through the screen.

9. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film Dance Party, USA

Katz shows a deft touch in capturing the awkwardness of coming-of-age, especially in the camera work, but the sweetness rang very hollow for me, mainly due to my feeling that Katz wants us to feel more sympathetic towards Gus than I cared to be. Didn't feel truthful, more like male fantasy.

10. worldleader's rating of the film Dance Party, USA

felt like a teenager for a moment

11. Rafael Graterol's rating of the film Dance Party, USA

The film makes a good job at depicting the life of some teenagers in USA. The level of "engagement" with the movie is constant, as it tends to remain quiet throughout the movie. It's kind of refreshing too.

12. Bilan's rating of the film Dance Party, USA

13. citizeninsane's rating of the film Dance Party, USA

Weird and awkward like this period of life. Thought the actors were great and you're given the position of the curious voyeur you would have loved to be at that age. The only thing that bothered me were 20-and-some playing 15 year olds parts, that was a bit strange.

14. Zipster's rating of the film Dance Party, USA

Morally ambiguous protagonist, but that's okay because he finds it hard to talk to girls sometimes.

15. shaun alleman's rating of the film Dance Party, USA

I don't really know what to make of this. Maybe the film is about honesty but really this wasn't profound or obvious enough. I didn't understand the ending but maybe the point was to leave the viewing scratching their head afterwards like I am now. Some interesting discussions between the characters but no definable plot or statement to make which could bring this above eaves-dropping in the street.

16. Sean's rating of the film Dance Party, USA

Not as good as Quiet City but I liked it, I just felt that everything was really awkward, the conversations, the situations, the premise. Katz does a nice job again of making you feel like you're a part of the conversation.

17. FailedImitator's rating of the film Dance Party, USA

Saw this last night. Way better than a lot of the mumblecore films, in my opinion. Couldn't help but notice the similarities with Katz other film, Quiet City. But I think I like this one better.