1. Ruben's rating of the film D'Annunzio's Cave

Can't make any use of the sounddesign. Unfitting in my opinion. Feels like sloppy camera-work and editing as well.

2. guillermo's rating of the film D'Annunzio's Cave

The cave of a fascist that looks like a dantesque circle of hell might be eloquent itself wihtout such camera movements and sound management. Ugly redundancy in my opinion.

3. Eric Rucker's rating of the film D'Annunzio's Cave

Emigholz plunges into Jon Rafman territory. Seemed rather inspired for a change. Emigholz's pseudo isometric perspective camera tilt was far less obvious, thank Athena.

4. Rafal Poplawski's rating of the film D'Annunzio's Cave

This movie should be called Hoarder's Cave. The house is cluttered and disorganized. Very typical for Emigholz way of filming and presenting surroundings. But, what an annoying sound here, dialogues, with computerized voice, difficult to understand, what a mess here. If you want to waste 50min of your life, watch this movie!!!

5. Ariel Rowan's rating of the film D'Annunzio's Cave

interesting look - sound created a very different tone to what i enjoyed in other Emigholz pieces. Were the sounds recordings from the place itself ?

6. Richard Bolisay's rating of the film D'Annunzio's Cave

Finally. Some movement. Some sounds. But the longer form doesn't really suit this series. What a house, though.

7. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film D'Annunzio's Cave

Better than any of the other films I have seen from Emigholz, thanks in no small part to the soundscape that accompanies the visuals. Still a bit of a niche market, in my opinion, but this at least feels intriguing and atmospheric.

8. Joshua K's rating of the film D'Annunzio's Cave

A kind of litmus test for how into jarring soundscapes and experimental non-fiction you are. I enjoyed it for a while, but the sensory overload meant I had to distract myself with sketching about half way through. Some fascinating rooms in there, if you can stand the way they're presented.

9. Wee Hunk's rating of the film D'Annunzio's Cave

Highly idiosyncratic. I had to put on headphones for this one. It would have driven my wife not just out of the room, but out of the house. The difference between a collector and a hoarder is the amount of space that allows you to move around in. I liked the collection, but it needs so much more space!

10. Sergey Belov's rating of the film D'Annunzio's Cave

VHS? Why? :( Proper wide camera would be much better

11. Juan Javier's rating of the film D'Annunzio's Cave

Enigmática, pesadillesca, y algo lenta

12. roxanemaas's rating of the film D'Annunzio's Cave

Les voix infernales qui dénotent un univers effrayant.

13. Laura Suffield's rating of the film D'Annunzio's Cave

Dire. If I hadn't seen the one on Sullivan, whcih is very good, I would have thought this had been made by a halfwit. The house is complex and needs a coherent commentary. Instead, we get something that sounds like Gary Numan on an off day. Don't watch.

14. Luke Corradine's rating of the film D'Annunzio's Cave

The vanity of those who have produced this film! The idiotic Hawking-style voice over; the horrible sound design that tries to make an Alistair Crawley out of D'Annunzio... the useless narrative angle which merely focusses on the cheap and commercial side of the writer's life in this particular house and in his old age. And what about everything else?? In short: a waste of time

15. LibertyCapz's rating of the film D'Annunzio's Cave

Beautifully created and furnished building, however without the context of who the builders were or any general interest in architecture at all there really isn't much to get out of this, to me at least. There's some cool visuals and a few creepy robot voices though.

16. Colin Dewey's rating of the film D'Annunzio's Cave

The house is interesting, the film awful.

17. Viola Valéry's rating of the film D'Annunzio's Cave

7/10, 3 stars to the film a thousand stars to the house and the landlord.

18. captainfez's rating of the film D'Annunzio's Cave

Kicking some serious interior design goals.

19. Colin's rating of the film D'Annunzio's Cave

Imagine cleaning all that.

20. In Prague's rating of the film D'Annunzio's Cave

It’s weird enough that the inside of the cave recalls the style d’Annunzio uses in ‘Il fuoco’: the ardent gathering of textures, as if an eye would suffer from acute withdrawal, if its gaze fell on an unlabored surface. Space is allowed some depth just insofar as it contains various objects - domesticated matter, in whose entrails the artist’s hand has locked the raw appearance forever, the shameful vestige of