1. francisca bacon's rating of the film Dante's Inferno

3,5 Re-rate. Caught sight of this film recently in a manipulated video background used by NYIÞ & Wormlust during their collab act Hieros Gamos. It's a notable eulogy from Wormlust musician-cum-photographer Verði ljós who documented the prolific Icelandic black metal scene w/ decent artistry. I don't complain, still wish silents were less a matter of ritual drone and BM underground & Pordenone soared to Cannes status.

2. subtonal's rating of the film Dante's Inferno

Some really amazing scenes in this!! Exactly what I hoped it would be :)

3. dionysus67's rating of the film Dante's Inferno

Visually arresting descent into Dante's Inferno that may focus only one part of the epic, yet the imagery is compelling and honors to the full the powers of imagination of early cinema masters. There are also occasional moments of brilliant theoretical implications about evil, like, for instance, in Ulysses' punishment for breeding disunity conveys Evil as absolute dichotomy and bifurcation.

4. EdieEmm's rating of the film Dante's Inferno

3, though as more of a cop-out than a rating; it's not really rateable. Caught a big-screen restoration with live accompaniment by Goblin keyboardist Maurizio Guarini, which both gave (nuance; flow...) to the experience and took (simplicity; innocence...) from it. Still... intriguing, surreal, mesmerizing, ambitious.

5. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film Dante's Inferno

Quite the iconic journey into hell, very good for its time. Eerie and haunting.

6. bryanvmh's rating of the film Dante's Inferno

Seeing it with a live score from Goblin definitely helped.

7. suede's rating of the film Dante's Inferno

Surely among the campest films ever. Virgil, the Monty-Pythonesque image of Lucifer, some of the naked souls hopping around, grafters changing into animals, etc.—try to see this with friends! Some memorable horror visuals and effects do show up. Saw it with Tangerine Dream synth score. Mixed blessing. Obvious inadequacy of modern English vocals, plus home-video aesthetics of opening credits, intensified surreal camp.

8. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Dante's Inferno

Tétrico cuadro sobre la obra canónica de Dante. No hay duda que lo mejor tiene que ver con el largo bestiario, almas castigadas y ambientes que convierten a este filme en un gran modelo surrealista durante la etapa silente. A nivel narrativo, el plus se encuentra en ese recreación de ciertas tragedias que el poeta escucha durante su peregrinaje.

9. nein's rating of the film Dante's Inferno

I don't know, I can't even say why I loved it so much. But I did. Alighieri can be proud!

10. Enrico Camporesi's rating of the film Dante's Inferno

Great DVD (with English subtitles) + booklet edition available from the Cineteca di Bologna. http://cinestore.cinetecadibologna.it/bookshop/dettaglio/47

11. Kay Elias's rating of the film Dante's Inferno

A most gorgeous and creative vision of Dante's Inferno, if you have read the epic poem yourself then you will praise it as I do. It's imagery is near to that of Gustave Dore's illustrations, so look out for comparisons, especially near the end when Virgil and Dante meet Satan. A spectacular work of early Italian cinema, chins to Giuseppe de Liguoro.

12. Gianni Naka Candellari's rating of the film Dante's Inferno

13. Michael Convery's rating of the film Dante's Inferno

Just like most readers, unfortunately, this film only focuses on the first third of the Divine Comedy. As great as this early film is, I can't but think of it as incomplete.

14. LETTERBOXD.COM/XESCIE's rating of the film Dante's Inferno