1. bryanvmh's rating of the film Dante's Inferno

Seeing it with a live score from Goblin definitely helped.

2. suede's rating of the film Dante's Inferno

Surely among the campest films ever. Virgil, the Monty-Pythonesque image of Lucifer, some of the naked souls hopping around, grafters changing into animals, etc.—try to see this with friends! Some memorable horror visuals and effects do show up. Saw it with Tangerine Dream synth score. Mixed blessing. Obvious inadequacy of modern English vocals, plus home-video aesthetics of opening credits, intensified surreal camp.

3. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Dante's Inferno

Tétrico cuadro sobre la obra canónica de Dante. No hay duda que lo mejor tiene que ver con el largo bestiario, almas castigadas y ambientes que convierten a este filme en un gran modelo surrealista durante la etapa silente. A nivel narrativo, el plus se encuentra en ese recreación de ciertas tragedias que el poeta escucha durante su peregrinaje.

4. nein's rating of the film Dante's Inferno

I don't know, I can't even say why I loved it so much. But I did. Alighieri can be proud!

5. Enrico Camporesi's rating of the film Dante's Inferno

Great DVD (with English subtitles) + booklet edition available from the Cineteca di Bologna. http://cinestore.cinetecadibologna.it/bookshop/dettaglio/47

6. Kay Elias's rating of the film Dante's Inferno

A most gorgeous and creative vision of Dante's Inferno, if you have read the epic poem yourself then you will praise it as I do. It's imagery is near to that of Gustave Dore's illustrations, so look out for comparisons, especially near the end when Virgil and Dante meet Satan. A spectacular work of early Italian cinema, chins to Giuseppe de Liguoro.

7. Gianni Naka Candellari's rating of the film Dante's Inferno

8. Michael Convery's rating of the film Dante's Inferno

Just like most readers, unfortunately, this film only focuses on the first third of the Divine Comedy. As great as this early film is, I can't but think of it as incomplete.

9. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film Dante's Inferno