1. BobbyTee's rating of the film Dark Days

Hope the people are doing fine today... Much love for the man with all the cat stories

2. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Dark Days

Una historia "oscura" aunque con un final optimismo. Lo valioso de este filme es la estadía del director con esa comunidad autodesterrada, y algunos de estos ocultan historias dramáticas.

3. Nachtreich's rating of the film Dark Days

4. fat_aleksey's rating of the film Dark Days

5. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Dark Days

6. Eric Sherwood's rating of the film Dark Days

7. Nancy Stark's rating of the film Dark Days

New Yorkers, man, aint nobody like them. This doc is so well done, pulls no punches, just lays it out. Not a false note. Worth watching.

8. sedmacedo's rating of the film Dark Days

i liked it but didn't really understood the direction of photography in regards to the option to shed the director's light inside the tunel and confusing the actual light of it. it was a strongly wrong option specially in a black and white shooting. metaphorically disasterous. 4 to the people and to the argument, 1 to the direction of photography.

9. Shawn Spitler's rating of the film Dark Days

10. Mogambo's rating of the film Dark Days

I'm skeptical about some of the stories told by the men and women filmed. Good doc none the less.

11. Howe D. Doodatt's rating of the film Dark Days

I own this documentary, and I absolutely LOVE it! The score by DJ SHADOW is stellar, and the story behind the making of it is truly inspiring. Check this one out, for sure!

12. David Cohen-Tanugi's rating of the film Dark Days

A fascinating glimpse into a particular flavor of homelessness. While the film lacks nuance in some regards, it treats its subjects with a respect and fascination that really draws the viewer into their world.

13. Witek Lewis's rating of the film Dark Days

✺ Is this the only feature film from Marc Singer? What a great way to break onto the scene and what a way to go out! ✺ The crew (apparently) had to experience filming anything - at first glance, you can't really tell but upon further viewings, it's what really makes "Dark Days" special ✺

14. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Dark Days

The director takes us into a journey he may not even have expected how it would end. Very humane and inspiring.

15. skidoc03's rating of the film Dark Days

Gritty stuff. A story of people of various ages and races who have reached rock bottom……both literally and figuratively. The filming in B&W, with a pulsating soundtrack, gives the movie an even darker feel. There is a “happy”ending, but you wonder if those profiled have become “institutionalized” with their previous lifestyle. A “where are they now” follow-up would be interesting.

16. pamhaner@gmail.com's rating of the film Dark Days

An honest look at what humans are willing to do to survive with what they have.

17. SueRay's rating of the film Dark Days

Made me feel grateful for everything I have in life.

18. Xhi's rating of the film Dark Days

A chilling look at the outcasts of American society. Totally worn out personalities, shattered lives, disturbing living conditions. Imagine an Eraserhead-like setting and a bunch of people who couldn't care less if the whole East Coast hurls itself into thermonuclear obliteration tomorrow morning - they've already adapted to that state of affairs.

19. Scott Barley's rating of the film Dark Days

An intimate, perturbing documentary, which contains moments of brilliance. Good stuff.

20. wolfmansRazor's rating of the film Dark Days

The stylishly grainy B&W cinematography and DJ Shadow score risk fetishizing the down and out. But, fortunately, Singer establishes such an intimate (yet loose) rapport with these tunnel dwellers that the stylistic elements only aid our empathy by duplicating the suffocating darkness of the underground. Singer never fails to delineate between homelessness and hopelessness. Watch it as a double feature with C.H.U.D.

21. This is Jake Kath's rating of the film Dark Days

Yeah, if you have a worse life than these people then suicide is probably a valid option for you (I kid, I kid). This movie freaked me the fuck out! So damn gritty. Really makes you look at the life choices you have had and wander wether you will end up like this. Yeah, there was hope at the end but that's not the case of a lot. The DJ shadow tracks used is done perfectly. Brutal, powerful, moving.

22. Cosmetic Plague's rating of the film Dark Days

Simply unforgettable. This is independent film-making in the truest sense. Highly recommended. I suggest picking up the 2-disc DVD for the extras; they are invaluable to appreciating this great documentary.

23. fmeshtar's rating of the film Dark Days

That opening scene with DJ Shadow is fantastic!

24. Brett Kessler's rating of the film Dark Days

An unflinching look at homelessness full of poignant scenes and unexpected humor.