1. MarcusArcus's rating of the film Dark Horse

2. MATT's rating of the film Dark Horse

The ending (and I will not give it away) will still haunt me. I walked out of the theater almost not wanting to interact with anyone after seeing this film. It was like I've seen a ghost. Solondz never ceases to amaze me, its always a risk when it comes to his style. His films of pathos and empathy for the underdogs of america really resonate this film about obsession and life.

3. vadermccandless's rating of the film Dark Horse

Better than Happiness or Life During Wartime, but I can't get on Solondz's wavelength, at least for these three films. When they doesn't feel affected they feel empty. Going to have to give them each another shot once I finish watching the rest of his work.

4. This is Jake Kath's rating of the film Dark Horse

Will you be mine?... The movie is intense as shit and even more uncomfortable than Happiness (though it doesn't have a father admitting to his son that he would jerk off to him). Here we see Solondz actually create a sympathetic lead character but doesn't water down anything! Funny, Moving, Brutal. Really a remarkable movie.

5. Seen Said's rating of the film Dark Horse

After seeing his latest, I still think Todd Solondz is one of our most fearless American filmmakers. Sympathy and empathy even for the despicable, and a recognition we (usually) design our own worlds to deny us what we want most.

6. Anna's rating of the film Dark Horse

a gloriously bleak exercise in compassionate revulsion. surreal and unflinchingly honest all at once. outstanding.

7. Harry Rossi's rating of the film Dark Horse

Best feel bad movie I've seen this year! The acting was fantastic and the comedy was brutal but hysterical. The whole film felt like the perfect antidote to the whole Judd Apatow man-child craze and the actual realities of that phenomena. In all honestly it felt more like a tragedy than a comedy! The ending almost made me cry and I loved how he played with reality throughout the film. One of the best of the year!

8. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Dark Horse

another KVIFF screening, a feel-good tragmedy. a 7/10, my view: http://lasttimeisawdotcom.wordpress.com/2012/07/04/last-film-i-saw-dark-horse/

9. Michael S. Templin's rating of the film Dark Horse

Outstanding; a genuinely welcome departure. (IV/V)

10. The Kid's rating of the film Dark Horse

Scathing and full of laughs, but starts on a much better note than the somewhat flat one it ends on.

11. samba direito's rating of the film Dark Horse

12. Germana Belo's rating of the film Dark Horse

The truth lives in Todd Solondz's movies.

1 3 Next →