1. julia.s's rating of the film Dark Places

not to be one of those "WAAAAH THE BOOK IS SO MUCH BETTER" people but the book blew my mind and this adaptation really was so bland

2. Tabikenezer von Higglesbloom's rating of the film Dark Places

This was actually good but youmas actually vastly prefer Gone Girls adaptation for like... interesting... reasons. Sad! The only thing that would have made this like an actual fave was if miss Charlize beat older Diondra's ass in the final confrontation like it already feels like a tv/indie thriller they should have went all out and re-written that part for full impact/catharsis.

3. T-Cruise's rating of the film Dark Places

from tye sheridan to corey stoll wtf lmao!!!11!!

4. kesurupan's rating of the film Dark Places

You know it would've been better if they decided to cast a fat woman with a lame leg, just like in the book, as Libby Day. Not to sound PC, but representation matters.

5. RumbleFish's rating of the film Dark Places

E' tipo una sequela di colpi di scena improbabili e illogici ma mai sorprendenti, sceneggiatura folla al pari de L'amore bugiardo. In più tanto black e una parte sulla società degli appassionati di omicidi tirata via malissimo.

6. Ana Sousa's rating of the film Dark Places

Moretz is the ultimate case of miscast. I like her but I kept feeling as if she didn't fit in here and that sometimes made me not like her acting. Same with Charlize. I got no connection at all from this. I feel like so much more could've been done, specially with a cast like this one. Tbh, the only one who I think was cast right was Andrea Roth who actually looks just like an older version of Moretz.

7. msmichel's rating of the film Dark Places

Charlize Theron is so much better than the material present here in an adaptation of the Gillian Flynn novel. A strange verve in career for director Paquet-Brenner after the emotional 'Sarah's Key' a few years ago. The film fails to engage in any interesting way giving in to thriller clichés that ruin anything of note.

8. cinegeek.de's rating of the film Dark Places

Hat Krimi Autor Gillian Flynn für Dark Place aus verschiedenen Quellen abgeschrieben? Libby Day, jüngste von vier Geschwistern, ist die einzige Überlebende des Kansas Prärie Massakers, dem ihre Mutter und zwei Schwestern zum Opfer fielen. Der Täter: Ihr älterer Bruder Ben... mehr auf cinegeek.de

9. yulquen's rating of the film Dark Places

It was fun to count all the Misfits merchandise.

10. Justwibi's rating of the film Dark Places

maybe this movie is better when we watch in a television show. this is too short, lack of study character and I need more tense, and if we watch in serial tv, I think this is gonna be great. I mean, they have everything (crime, satanism, thriller, community, prison, family)

11. Patrick John's rating of the film Dark Places

Slightly-annoying. Not one of my favorite Charlize Theron. This is all over the place. But I 'appreciate' how it wanted to resemble a darker Gone Girl.

12. Stephane Tanaka's rating of the film Dark Places

13. cvalda's rating of the film Dark Places

This had so much potential.

14. tunaflavour's rating of the film Dark Places

15. spiderliliez's rating of the film Dark Places

I don't know about you, but this was pretty entertaining from start until it finished. The turn of events sparks intrigue and mystery, quite enough that I didn't leave my seat. Charlize Theron's performance was as impressive as her repertoire, no disappointment there. I didn't read the book, and I don't know how much they've changed in the story. But what I do know is, I was entertained, and that's enough for me.

16. Lucas Davies's rating of the film Dark Places

17. DimasRimbaud's rating of the film Dark Places

18. Beatriz Maia's rating of the film Dark Places

great movie with a lot of cool plot twists

19. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Dark Places

Lack of pace and discernible direction lead to disappointment (1.4/5)

20. Rocketeam's rating of the film Dark Places

Just because David Fincher can masterfully adapt the hell out of a Gillian Flynn novel, doesn't mean that everyone can.

21. Catarina Silva's rating of the film Dark Places

not a three star movie but I did enjoy it quite a lot

22. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film Dark Places

A 5-star performance by Theron stuck inside a 2-star TV-movie. I´m sure this story worked in written form but not all books are suited for the cinema. It´s too meandering in plotting and tone and while the acting is top notch through and through the whole thing is let down by a director who can't muster up what is needed.... thrills, suspense and most of all a narrative urgency that makes us give a damn.

23. Zach Closs's rating of the film Dark Places

Fincher's slick "Gone Girl" glossed up Flynn's harrowing, cynical and occasionally misanthropic writing in an ironic, gleefully biting way that Hitchcock might've admired -- but Gilles Paquet-Brenner plays things straight, for better and worse. Cruelty is never softened, mocked or shied from here, but the result is a grounded and well-acted thriller. Hendricks, Stoll and Theron are all great.

24. jxn's rating of the film Dark Places

feels like you're watching an a-list lifetime movie.