1. HKFanatic's rating of the film Dark Star: HR Giger's World

No doubt, H.R. Giger was a tremendous talent who left an indelible mark on both the art scene and the world of cinema; however, it's difficult to feel like he is served by the shambling, lackadaisical nature of this documentary. Crucially missing (for me) is mention of the other films that Giger drafted designs for, such as "Poltergeist II" and "Species," which are too often overlooked in favor of "Alien."

2. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Dark Star: HR Giger's World

One of the best artists of the twentieth century.

3. V.S. Luoma-aho's rating of the film Dark Star: HR Giger's World

Bleak and somewhat disappointing. Giger was already a walking corpse at this point and died shortly after the shooting. All the people feel oddly old, obsolete, relic-like. Too little about his art, not much insight (if any). It actually left me wishing for some kind of "basic" documentary-style narrative, while it just shuffled about, hoping to be mystical and deep. Interesting artist, nonetheless. A one-trick pony?

4. Jess PJ's rating of the film Dark Star: HR Giger's World

This man is of every importance to me, he was in truth the artist who sparked my absolute interest in darkness, the disturbed, the dead. However, this feels intrusive and I felt uncomfortable watching a man who really wanted to go having succeeded in all his goals. It proves the wealth of his life work, and it is entirely beautiful.. RIP

5. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film Dark Star: HR Giger's World

6. Rafael Fonseca's rating of the film Dark Star: HR Giger's World

An obsession with death that started as a child. An enigma of a man. And even with this footage of his last months, I have not come closer to understanding him. Bittersweet to see all the art in his house, all the people he touched. RIP. || MotelX 2015