1. Sơn Phước's rating of the film Dark Water

Creepy at climax but sleepy all the times.

2. Maratka Alarma's rating of the film Dark Water

в отличие от мейнстримных хорроров-скримеров, все еще бесполезно старающихся испугать монстром из-за угла, этот фильм медленно опускает в бездну угнетения и так же медленно из нее возвращает

3. film_lies101's rating of the film Dark Water

2 plot point prevent me from rating this higher I.) What motivates Yoshimi to take the apartment when it's made painfully clear that she thinks it's a dump. II.) Why does Yoshimi let her daughter go after fighting so hard for here. (You can say it's metaphorical but I really don't buy that). Wouldn't it have made more sense to report the body to the police so the spirit may be freed?

4. Rocco's rating of the film Dark Water

Though I don't think Nakata quite drums up either the abject terror or emotional resonance he's aiming for, the film is still an effectively sorrowful character study anchored by the wonderful Hitomi Kuroki and the insufferably adorable Rio Kanno.

5. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Dark Water

6. FISCHER's rating of the film Dark Water

Superbe oeuvre fantastique au remarquable crescendo dans les méandres de l'inquiétude et de la peur par un réalisateur qui se spécialise dans le genre... www.cinefiches.com

7. Eeeeeeeeeee's rating of the film Dark Water

japon yapımı flash tv filmi arşivlik

8. le Gars's rating of the film Dark Water

9. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Dark Water

10. Maoolina Fajrini's rating of the film Dark Water

I might be crying for its tear-jerking moments if I didn't remember that this is a horror movie

11. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Dark Water

The most effective of the J-horror films, simply because it has a narrative that is tighter than the rest (brevity!) and morality to underlie its brooding.

12. Palmat's rating of the film Dark Water

Not a horror movie really but more in the line of a mystery/drama/tragedy with a emotionally harrowing ending. The cast is very good as is the grimy production design. But the real star here is the music and sound design which manages to create an eerie atmosphere on its own. The direction is solid and things progress weith an ominous slow burn touch.

13. _cmb's rating of the film Dark Water

3.5* Had watched the U.S. remake first and it was extremely hard not to compare them throughout the whole viewing. I did enjoy this one a bit more, though - the subtlety and pacing the original employs helps make the effect of the film a bit more long-lasting, and the cinematography here was lovelier also. However, I do wish this one would've explored the mother's past a bit more.

14. Nachtreich's rating of the film Dark Water

15. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Dark Water

16. Skygazer's rating of the film Dark Water

Merely for the little girl, there's nothing else that matters here.

17. Marion Pons's rating of the film Dark Water

Il n'y a rien de comparable avec son pauvre remake américain. Les japonais ont le don pour le cinéma d'horreur.

18. Isa Reis's rating of the film Dark Water

19. HKFanatic's rating of the film Dark Water

Arguably an altogether more successful film than "Ringu." The story maintains a tighter focus and Hideo Nakata makes great use of the main character's apartment as a tool to reflect her deteriorating psychology, a la "The Yellow Wallpaper." The definition of a 'slow burn,' the film does lose marks for the long stretches in which it feels less like a horror film and more like a drama about a nasty custody battle.

20. Alessandro Di Fraio's rating of the film Dark Water

Fantasmi cattivi e bambine demoniache! Il mito è diventato routine, la routine è diventata cliché. Da aggiungersi il fatto che il bad ending stona parecchio, nel quadro generale e da un film del 2002 mi sarei aspettato qualcosa di un po' più complesso. Decisamente non è il meglio che il mercato orientale può offrire, anche se la pellicola ha i suoi lati positivi.

21. sea-of-ether's rating of the film Dark Water

I remember watching the American remake when I was little, the Japanese version is so much better. It's such a heartbreaking story about what a mother will do for her child that's disguised as a horror film. I wasn't left scared as much as I was left teary-eyed.

22. Marcus Killerby's rating of the film Dark Water

there's something strange about a horror film that has rising damp and plug hole hair as the main scare factors

23. polkasan's rating of the film Dark Water

Not just an essential J-Horror classic but also, and above all, an heartbreaking story, maybe one of the best ever made about a mother's love. A masterpiece.

24. duck bill's rating of the film Dark Water

One of the best Japanese horror films.