1. Alex Flores's rating of the film Darkest Hour

2. bulgrin's rating of the film Darkest Hour

If it wasn't Oldman's outstanding performance this wouldn't be much of interest.

3. hubertguillaud's rating of the film Darkest Hour

Sur quelques jours du début de la guerre, Joe Wright montre les hésitations de Churchill (avec un étonnant Gary Oldman), filmant les discours et les réunions comme un film d'action. Ca ajoute de la tension dans cette mini-hagiographie scolaire et bureaucratique. Pédagogique.

4. ig_____or's rating of the film Darkest Hour

I watched this on Oscars day and forgot to rate it back then... that tells you how memorable it was for me and how much fun I had watching it.

5. Sergiu Scripcă's rating of the film Darkest Hour

Barely cinematic (especially in the same year as Dunkirk, and after Wright's own Atonement also memorably took on the topic of Dunkirk), except for a couple of scenes. And its subway-and-Parliament climax may be the least plausible, most absurd and plain worst moment in a 'prestige' movie in recent memory.

6. Chichago_'s rating of the film Darkest Hour

I didn't see Gary Oldman, I saw Winston Churchill. Four stars for his performance.

7. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Darkest Hour

3.6 A lot of dark stuffy rooms shown in narrow framing, squeaky floorboards, Churchill's heavy body and his his smoking habit - it all adds to the claustrophobic and suffocating atmosphere of the film. No wonder the Prime Minister meets his people in the underground. That tube scene is straight out of Shakespeare (Henry V, when the King walk amongst his soldiers to test their spirit).

8. Kwemo's rating of the film Darkest Hour

Nothing particularly 'wrong' with it. All the technical aspects were well executed but it all felt so by the books. Nothing daring or exciting about it. A movie for old men who already love Winston Churchill and don't want any danger when it comes to their hero.

9. wiwitaek's rating of the film Darkest Hour

Instead of Churchill, I totally saw Sid Vicious in mistakenly "up yours" scene.

10. Mohammad Ebrahimian's rating of the film Darkest Hour

11. cihangir21's rating of the film Darkest Hour

12. Lord_Beria's rating of the film Darkest Hour

dark tower, dakerst hour - shit all the same

13. Naomi Vargas's rating of the film Darkest Hour

14. Sơn Phước's rating of the film Darkest Hour

15. raquel_ag's rating of the film Darkest Hour

Enredo: ★★★★ Cinematografia: ★★★ Tom: ★★★★ Música e Som: ★★★★ Representação: ★★★★★

16. Sol's rating of the film Darkest Hour

This movie stand thanks to the lead actor... Well deserved Oscar.

17. Daniel Roque's rating of the film Darkest Hour

The annual WWII-themed Academy Award Nominee™ spot was already filled by Dunkirk, but it's nice to see Winston Churchill pull a Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa in the subway.

18. Atzin Ortiz González's rating of the film Darkest Hour

A conventional, by-the-numbers historical drama, with its typical Oscar bait razzle dazzle, which tries to add little to none to contemporary times. And as much as I love Gary Oldman, his portrayal follows the aforementioned techniques.

19. Guillermo Padilla's rating of the film Darkest Hour

20. James de Ceapóc's rating of the film Darkest Hour

Great performance, but often left wondering why the need to make it

21. christina.'s rating of the film Darkest Hour

Sure. Solid performance from Oldman that really is just cloaking bland, safe British period drama.

22. Marta's rating of the film Darkest Hour

Possibly the first time I enjoyed Lily James in something!? This is quite an achievement too...

23. HenriqueA's rating of the film Darkest Hour

"NEVER" will I understand how can people love this kind of tired and cliché-ridden biopic year after year after year after year. It feels like a decent BBC hour mixed with an unhealthy dose of Hollywood sugarcoating that cannot muster more than two or three really great scenes (especially the Roosevelt phone conversation). Oldman is really amazing, but everything around him falls apart repeatedly.

24. Ana Sousa's rating of the film Darkest Hour

No words for the genius that is Gary Oldman.

← Previous 1 3 4 5