1. cihangir21's rating of the film Darwin's Nightmare

2. belemir's rating of the film Darwin's Nightmare

3. EdieEmm's rating of the film Darwin's Nightmare

There's no one making films like this, with the cinematic eloquence of Bergman or Bresson, using nothing but harrowing reality. A breathtakingly graceful & elegant descent into the fetid, decaying, body behind neoliberalism's grinning plastic face. Sauper, w/ exceptional clarity, takes us step by implicating, nauseating step, deep into our system's "externalities". Sensitively, with humility. W/out causing more harm.

4. cabrapreta's rating of the film Darwin's Nightmare

5. TZUHSIEN TANG's rating of the film Darwin's Nightmare

6. miniemi's rating of the film Darwin's Nightmare

7. Dries's rating of the film Darwin's Nightmare

Mostra una realtà veramente marcia e ai limiti , ma lo fa in un modo forse troppo convenzionale e alla lunga annoia un po' malgrado le tematiche siano di tutto rispetto

8. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Darwin's Nightmare

9. Alex Ander 0's rating of the film Darwin's Nightmare

Very difficult to watch at times - but worth it of course. The cinematography is so simple and great, the proximity between Sauper and his subjects often felt very tender. The most memorable scene for me is when Eliza sings with the repulsive Russian man behind her.

10. Videograms's rating of the film Darwin's Nightmare

I remember feeling physically ill. I don't remember the last movie that made me feel physically ill.

11. Cengiz Gültekin's rating of the film Darwin's Nightmare

Böyle bir dünyada uygarlıktan söz edilemez.

12. Katerina's rating of the film Darwin's Nightmare

after watching this, I felt like I could easily take on the garbage left on my porch. I failed terribly.

13. holsmaria's rating of the film Darwin's Nightmare

I contacted Richard Mgaba after having seen the film, the Tanzanian journalist who is interviewed in the film. He told me he was prosecuted and thrown into jail after the release of the film. Today he works on two different projects about africa, one on war and the other on drug trafficing. He is also writing a book about Africa. In the film I was impressed with how sharp he was. He gives me hope.

14. algazarra's rating of the film Darwin's Nightmare

Check the food label next time.

15. Chris B's rating of the film Darwin's Nightmare

An absolutely devastating critique of globalization and what people are often forced to do when faced with few economic options. This movie stayed with me for several days after i saw it.

16. Aisbilen's rating of the film Darwin's Nightmare

John Malsbary, you literally stole the words from my mouth. This documentary still haunts me. I, too, have seen it once - in a festival three or four years ago. It's a must-see, and a one time only must-see. We get such a distinct view on the people and conditions of Tanzania, it hurts to watch. Also, for any amateur who finds documentaries boring, here you go.

17. Shadenfreude's rating of the film Darwin's Nightmare

Hi, is this available to watch here?

18. entelvaros's rating of the film Darwin's Nightmare

metaforlarla dolu çarpıcı bi belgesel.

19. peder's rating of the film Darwin's Nightmare

One of the most disturbing films I've seen, mostly thanks to the simplicity of the films message and the way it pinpoints the order of things to a large extent.

20. Andrea H Kraft's rating of the film Darwin's Nightmare

Ignorance is bliss. I find myself moving from feeling distant, close and back again to this cliche. Sometimes I can look back on life and see 'how far I've come' to be aware, involved, critical, and most importantly authentic. In these times I am distant from the bliss. Last night, watching 'Darwin's Nightmare' I found myself uncomfortably close to that bliss. This is our world, our time.

21. mpho3's rating of the film Darwin's Nightmare

One of the strangest and most affecting films I've ever seen. It begins with a skirmish between an air traffic controller and a bee buzzing madly against the windows of a control tower somewhere in Tanzania, and somehow winds up connecting the seediest mechanisms of globalism. Sauper has said his intention was "to make a film about the logic of our time. And it's a very weird logic." An important film....

22. airelaV's rating of the film Darwin's Nightmare

it made me feel uncomfortable. Like when you want to do something about it but you just can´t and then you feel like... this.

23. Juan Leal's rating of the film Darwin's Nightmare

I have no words to describe how I feel after seeing this film. An outstanding view about how the war lords make money from Black Africa. Sad.