1. João Rocha's rating of the film Das Boot

And you can feel all the feelings that appear in the screen, you know its a good movie. And you can really feel the claustostrophobia, fear and despair of the soldiers! well done

2. J. O.'s rating of the film Das Boot

An exercise in tension and claustrophobia, where warfare takes the back seat and the nature of man is explored.

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Das Boot

Une superproduction qui connut à sa sortie un incontestable succès international. Intéressant de par son rythme soutenu et une habile mise en scène... www.cinefiches.com

4. Jake Davis's rating of the film Das Boot

"They made us all train for this day. "To be fearless and proud and alone. To need no one, just sacrifice. All for the Fatherland." Oh God, all just empty words. It's not the way they said it was, is it? I just want someone to be with. The only thing I feel is afraid."

5. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film Das Boot

Whyyyyyyyy did I watch the theatrical release instead of the original cut? Thirty minutes in I already regretted choosing this version. This movie radiates tension, it is truly uncanny. Everything from the confined spaces and matching close-up shots to the blues and reds emanating from the board lights; amazing. The ending was a little too melodramatic for my taste though but in light of the rest, 5 stars easily.

6. @MrEdDylan's rating of the film Das Boot

no matter which side you look at it from and no matter where the battlefield is located.

7. yovargas's rating of the film Das Boot

I thought a movie almost entirely on a sub would surely be deadly dull - boy was I wrong. The movie's tension is relentless, not just from the constant sense of danger but from the sense these soldiers know they are on the losing side of a senseless war. But, though it is quite gripping, I did find it a tad overlong and its abrupt ending left me unsatisfied. That brings an otherwise very good movie down to a B-.

8. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Das Boot

3,5 I'm not a war film enthusiast, but the very last scene was truly great and it compensates the overall boredom.

9. m.jempson@btinternet.com's rating of the film Das Boot

An extraordinary piece of film-making. Even more magnificent viewing this third version. War is such a waste.

10. DrFirestone's rating of the film Das Boot

An instant classic. This film manages to avoid politics, ideology and present the sailors as humans thrown into the absurd of war. Great camerawork and lighting, music, very strong cast and acting, so many unforgettable images, and this quote: "heading into the inexorable, where no mother will look after us, no woman will cross our path and where only reality reigns with cruelty and grandeur." from Rudolf G. Binding.

11. baronvonchuck's rating of the film Das Boot

Amazing film with great performances showing the futility and fear that war brings. By the end we are shown who and what they really are: Human beings who care for one another. Masterpiece of the war-film genre. Highly recommended if you sit through the entire running time...

12. joe's rating of the film Das Boot

Great movie - all the casting, acting, cinematography, and set design were perfect for me. Great story and editing, loved how the dialogue scenes were shot and cut and how the long unbroken shots that let the actors act. I'd be really interested to see the original edit which was considerably shorter. The music in the action scenes to be a bit much, but not too distracting from the action.

13. John Burgess's rating of the film Das Boot

A stunning and epic war movie, and an absolute masterpiece. A tremendous study of leadership. Anyone who ever thought they had a bad day at work should watch this!

14. Gareth Jones's rating of the film Das Boot

This is one of the longest, and most tense, war movies ever made. This movie really captures the sense of isolation, the thrill of the chase, and the mixture of excitement and horror during battle. There are long periods where not much happens, mimicking real life, but it helps to ratchet up the tension and offers time to provide a good depth to the characters. A true classic.

15. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Das Boot

Gripping, claustrophobic war movie. Avoid the English dubbed version like the plague.

16. smndvdcl's rating of the film Das Boot

A claustrophobic spectating experience.

17. Superfrog's rating of the film Das Boot

Good take on a subject that would normally put me off. It is about people and their actual sphere of influence, and for me a good illustration of the pointlessness and double standards in war. It is, admittedly, a bit long...

18. Sarah Pietsch's rating of the film Das Boot

Tense, claustrophobic, powerful. Glad I saw it at home so I could take breaks, it would have been very intense in a cinema. Long but that allows the characters and their relationships to develop over time. I don't usually watch war-type films but this one is great.

19. Joey Baxter's rating of the film Das Boot

20. DanB3000's rating of the film Das Boot

Not what I thought is was - why is this in ENGLISH?? I must have seen the TV series previously, or a different movie version.

21. Jim Fear's rating of the film Das Boot

As far as war movies go, this is one comes top of the list.

22. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Das Boot

'81 internationally released in theaters. Three years later, Oct. '84 broadcasted as a mini-series, both on BBC & in Feb. '85 on German TV. Why I am saying this? Within these five months "Das Boot" obtained the greatest possible attention ever. I very well recall the enormous 'hype' around this movie, both in the UK & Germany. At the days of broadcasting, pratically life was standing still. Masterpiece.

23. Pahri's rating of the film Das Boot

This film makes me want to take a bath

24. fat_aleksey's rating of the film Das Boot