1. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Daughter of the Nile

2. Jason's rating of the film Daughter of the Nile

Aside from being a remarkable film in its own right (and one that would portend things to come), I think DAUGHTER OF THE NILE looks especially fascinating when you think of it as a movie that leads from the transition already being made between A TIME TO LIVE, A TIME TO DIE and the extremely underrated DUST IN THE WIND. DAUGHTER takes things even further in terms of visual vocabulary and general sophistication.

3. novanindro's rating of the film Daughter of the Nile

i could say that the whole dining room shot way more iconic than the neon light of taipei. its not a coincidence that mike mills watching this movie during the making of 20th century women. again, all the dining room scenes is really lovely pfft

4. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Daughter of the Nile

7.0/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-34o

5. TZUHSIEN TANG's rating of the film Daughter of the Nile

6. Malkin's rating of the film Daughter of the Nile

The Hou film that best treads the line between pre-apocalyptic lyricism and aching authenticity. Simply a masterpiece.

7. InsertOzuReferencehere's rating of the film Daughter of the Nile

Over the years I actually think 'Daughter of the Nile' is one of Hou's best films. The problem I think most people have stems from the false criteria they enforce onto it - unlike most of his earlier/middle work, 'Daughter of the Nile' is not about generational contrast, nor is it about two generations conflicting with each other - it's actually about one generation conflicting with its self..