1. Dada Kubin's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

David Lynch talking openly about his life leading up to Eraserhead. Like his films his life seems to be a mixture of the ordinary and the odd. Loving parents, childhood in suburbia, playing war with friends and painting, yet told by Lynch himself they receive a mythical dimension. As valuable as the stories are the moments when we see Lynch doing his paintings, or just smoking and looking somewhere we can’t see.

2. Mario Tomchev's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

3. Constance Bennett's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

Wonderful insight into the development of a brilliant mind. One of the most engaging and interesting documentaries I have seen. I could definitely watch Lynch painting and smoking whilst listening to his hypnotising voice relate stories of his early years for longer than an hour and a half. And I absolutely can relate to his early aspirations of living a life of coffee and art! Goals.

4. Ghostman's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

A decent movie on David Lynch's beginnings. It may not delve far into his entire life and work but it will do.

5. bulgrin's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

Great insight in the forming part of Lynch's life, and lots of his fanfastic art to see.

6. gld48's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

7. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

David LYNCH is not only a Master of Cinema and Art (Photo, mixed plastic arts), he's also a great family man & & philosopher. Fascinating movie, go for it !

8. Leonardo Malaguti's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

9. Matt Richards's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

A lovely personal portrait that gave us a very good idea of the everyday-lynch behind the art and films. It's that same mundanity that gets a little tiresome and one can't help but wonder what may have been, had the directors had pushed a little harder. 2.5 stars

10. Rafael Ramz III's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

11. Maria Miguel von Hafe's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

12. OLIVER-J's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

handsomely made doc about one of the greats. Lynch shares some good stories, one involving a Bob Dylan show jumps to mind. the focus is on his earlier days and work/journey as an artist, rather than his films and TV projects which is refreshing.

13. mafaldasalgueiro's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

2,5 pelo doc. 5 pelo Lynch <3

14. Jorge Mourinha's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

TMI. Maybe. https://medium.com/the-flickering-wall/finding-neverland-3efc77aee8f1

15. teresa romã's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

Came back after 2 months to change it to a 4/5. I really dig the man, its journey throughout his years of painting was a delight to see.

16. aliasgenius's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

Fascinating. Just to listen to this man talk is a revelation. 4/5

17. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

18. Lauren Burrell's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

19. evolveris's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

I guess I'll always be fascinated by this tall, dark and gentle stranger.

20. Renton47's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

Rosenbaum said Chaplin was at the heart of the Venn diagram of mainstream and avant garde, but today I feel that applies to Lynch. Like all of us, I like watching Lynch smoke, paint and talk. But this film never bottles the magic of his inspiration, subconscious workings, in the way his Catching the Big Fish does. The tale of the bloodied woman shows crystallised the horror, art + machinations this film should be.

21. Jason's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

David Lynch is obviously some kind of alchemical accident of a place and a time. And this film naturally looks at the early years. How does a thing like Lynch happen? It is something worth ruminating upon. It is precisely because his obvious walking-about-earth-incarnated-as-a-human-man idiosyncrasy has proven over the distances to not be an affectation, that we bow (like this movie) in bemused deference.

22. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

A intimate, yet rather conventional portrait of one of America's most unconventional filmmakers.

23. ________b's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

saw this at sxsw, rlly just untouchable

24. Aaken's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

A must-see to enter the private creative life and mind of one of our best directors. I couldn't get enough!