1. Emrys's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

I enjoyed this much more than I expected to. It's more earnest, and less posturing, than I'd expected. The whole film is an ode to painting and being lost in imaginative art.

2. Cartaphilus's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

3. Benjamin Reid's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

This is a great intro to Lynch's early biography. Most of all, this is a story about family and its friction with being an artist. Lynch's stories about his relationship with his dad are the most striking. Most of the interview material can be found elsewhere, but the big appeal is watching Lynch work and hearing him narrate. Seeing his paintings on a big screen is astounding. I would love to see them live someday.

4. malachiesipucheala94's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

cand l am vzt cineva mi a zis ca nu credea ca zanele sunt reale n o sa uit

5. Silvoieski's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

It's never too much to know about this genius.

6. Sean Patrick Stevens's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

I liked that this candid interview downplayed his quirky celebrity for a more observational approach of his commitment to art.

7. V.S. Luoma-aho's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

8. James Mackin's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

Made with love. If you're expecting Lynch to talk about his films in depth, you'll get that none of that here. This is an impressionistic tale.

9. amandav's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

10. Aardsy's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

Funny his life story also has narrative dead ends.

11. Charles Coleman's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

Lynch is an excellent storyteller and the film does an excellent job of showcasing his art work in full. It's pretty cool watching him paint, looking at his older works while listening to him discuss his creative journey throughout the years up until Eraserhead.

12. Kadjavsi's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

13. shane_b's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

14. Daniel S.'s rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

For information purposes. Recommended.

15. Adam Whybray's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

There can't be many people who don't prefer Lynch's filmmaking to his visual art, which often provides a sticky infantile concentration of the primal fecal-fetal abjectness that constantly thrums underneath his films. However, it provides a far more direct means of accessing the man's psyche and he is a fascinating man and artist. This is a straightforward doc about what must remain inarticulate. More Nance needed.

16. Jordan Kaltz's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

as much as i rag on him he seems like such a sweet and honest man and he’s genuinely one of the most interesting and inspiring artists of the past 40 years

17. Dada Kubin's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

David Lynch talking openly about his life leading up to Eraserhead. Like his films his life seems to be a mixture of the ordinary and the odd. Loving parents, childhood in suburbia, playing war with friends and painting, yet told by Lynch himself they receive a mythical dimension. As valuable as the stories are the moments when we see Lynch doing his paintings, or just smoking and looking somewhere we can’t see.

18. Mario Tomchev's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

19. Constance Bennett's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

Wonderful insight into the development of a brilliant mind. One of the most engaging and interesting documentaries I have seen. I could definitely watch Lynch painting and smoking whilst listening to his hypnotising voice relate stories of his early years for longer than an hour and a half. And I absolutely can relate to his early aspirations of living a life of coffee and art! Goals.

20. Ghostman's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

A decent movie on David Lynch's beginnings. It may not delve far into his entire life and work but it will do.

21. bulgrin's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

Great insight in the forming part of Lynch's life, and lots of his fanfastic art to see.

22. gld48's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

23. Michael H. CLAES's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life

David LYNCH is not only a Master of Cinema and Art (Photo, mixed plastic arts), he's also a great family man & & philosopher. Fascinating movie, go for it !

24. Leonardo Malaguti's rating of the film David Lynch: The Art Life