1. Jordan Kaltz's rating of the film Dawn of the Dead

wow i can't believe i had never watched this until now!!! i was missing out big time this is a riot

2. Nick Schwab's rating of the film Dawn of the Dead

The social commentary on consumerism is vapid at worse and too on-the-nose at best, but what works here is how serious Romero takes his film's other dramatic and stylistic storytelling elements in a plot that would normally only appeal to boyhood fantasies. It makes the film not only the most entertaining horror film still to this day, but an epical, tongue-in-cheek vision of Armageddon-- clunky metaphors be damned.

3. the prince's rating of the film Dawn of the Dead

Enjoyed "Night of. . . ." a lot: the characters, the actors and acting, the black and white cinematogrphy, the editing, etc., etc. . . but "Dawn of . . ." added nothing new or special and was a really big disappointment.

4. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Dawn of the Dead

I originally watched this film far too young and the hopelessness (not too mention the zombies eating people) was terrifying. Dawn of the Dead has aged with me, revealing it's sharp social satire and jet black comedy on subsequent viewings. Best Zombie Film Ever.

5. FISCHER's rating of the film Dawn of the Dead

Sans conteste, un second chef-d'oeuvre de George Romero qui développe et modernise son thème favori, superbement initié en 1968... www.cinefiches.com

6. Loud Rocks's rating of the film Dawn of the Dead

7. Nathan Silva's rating of the film Dawn of the Dead

Half hour too long for me. The build up took forever. I also didn't care much for the characters. It's still a great, aesthetically pleasing, solid horror but given the time, the budget and the tools, Dawn kinda pales in comparison to Night.

8. Bob's rating of the film Dawn of the Dead

It walks on the edge of action movie, drama, social satire, horror and it shines on each field without ever being overstuffed. Mostly because it is sustained, it never goes over the top with characters being deranged or action being too theatrical. It's limited to practical effects and makeup gore in a smaller doses with genre intermissions in between. And it never looses a track of being faithful to its sub-genre.

9. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Dawn of the Dead

2-3. There are points where the movie just becomes straight-up monotonous to watch. But it does put into perspective just how wide-spread the DNA of this movie still is, even almost forty years later. And it plants consumerism, collectivism, etc. firmly in the roots of the zombie film genre, defining it as uniquely American before it became a global interest. It holds up okay as a feel-good political movie.

10. Glue Sniffer's rating of the film Dawn of the Dead

11. Shane's rating of the film Dawn of the Dead

Probably the best zombie movie ever made

12. Endre's rating of the film Dawn of the Dead

So many years since I first saw it, and even the most ridiculous moments (like Savini's stunt work when flying through the air like a joyful movie acrobat) are still lovely, morbidly beautiful and chock-full of visionary force.

13. Ethan's rating of the film Dawn of the Dead

This is one of Romero's best films and quite possibly the Citizen Kane of zombie movies. Romero liked a lot of social commentary with his zombie films and that is definitely on display here. Also there's a great climax with a group of bikers that makes this film better than all the rest.

14. ceknklsn's rating of the film Dawn of the Dead

15. James Mackin's rating of the film Dawn of the Dead

One of my favourite horror films ever made, the classic zombie film.

16. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Dawn of the Dead

17. L.F.G.'s rating of the film Dawn of the Dead

the theatrical cut will suffice (imo).

18. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Dawn of the Dead

Loved this in my teens, no surprise. The texture of the wall in the opening shot-- that's what I come back to now.

19. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Dawn of the Dead

This was my favorite movie for a long time, and it made people think there was something wrong with me. I thought of this dystopia as being a different kind of utopia. You don't have to go to work. You don't have to wonder what your life will be like. You have tons of ammo. You kill a bunch of zombies, and then you have a whole mall to yourself! How cool is that?

20. Linda's rating of the film Dawn of the Dead

blue slow zombies, in retrospect especially now with "The Walking Dead" in mind, just so hilarious.

21. yasdnil's rating of the film Dawn of the Dead

Good to know that these days, you'd have to fend off zombies with hair straighteners, warm vanilla sugar body spray, and pretzels.

22. Tlr Creme Org's rating of the film Dawn of the Dead

It's not great but it's still fantastic

23. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Dawn of the Dead

1978, dir. GEORGE A. ROMERO - 8/10 (USA)

24. JackButcher's rating of the film Dawn of the Dead

The greatest zombie film. The dated special effects only serve to make it more enjoyable.