1. wi.bi's rating of the film Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

okay, the Apes is definitely inteligent and smart. but why the human character is so stupid and silly...

2. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Science fiction action that manage to be both involving character drama, gripping sci fi and have action at the same time without diminishing it's original premise. I actually got tear-eyed during this film mostly because the action in this film mirror the fear and hate that we see in our society today between different cultures and skin-tones. The impressive CGI apes act a lot better than the humans though.

3. Mahda Purmahdi's rating of the film Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

The long takes with the miracle of motion capture, with close-ups of Caesar, Koba and others make this an amazing experience, but as much as it gives a vivid picture of the surface, it falls short to examine what really lies beneath, and that goes for both the apes and humans.

4. Justin Crowe's rating of the film Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

this one blew the first out of the water in my opinion. the battle scene with the tank, damn. caesar is one of my favorite characters in current movies, andy serkis kills it

5. pluviosity's rating of the film Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

A bit tedious, but the sight of gun-trotting ape riding horse cured that.

6. Onbestendig's rating of the film Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

7. Star Lord's rating of the film Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

L'alba del pianeta delle scimmie. Mi è piaciuto molto, lo guardo sempre volentieri.

8. east1999's rating of the film Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Sloppy and predictable in parts, even if Maurice gets to read Black Hole in this one.

9. FISCHER's rating of the film Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Pas vraiment de quoi s'enthousiasmer dans son fauteuil de spectateur alangui et ronchonneur. Tout est comme souvent formaté, conditionné, paramétré dans les codes et les schémas du genre, avec ses traditionnels quotas d'émotion, d'action, de romance et de suspense, fortement prévisibles et bien joliment emballés... www.cinefiches.com

10. subtonal's rating of the film Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

11. Nick Schwab's rating of the film Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Like the 1968 film, Dawn poses important and thoughtful questions, in this case, about the use of military power to divert an impending energy crisis and potential population shortage, or defense against those seeking it. Yet, it has the typical Blockbuster problems: a pace that feels much longer than it really is, predictable plot turns, and bland dialogue. But, like Rise, the last act delivers the fun-times goods.

12. Loud Rocks's rating of the film Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

13. Scienceofphantoms's rating of the film Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

14. CafeGradiva's rating of the film Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

2 / funny enough: Koba, the name of the dictatorial ape, was the conspirative nickname of the young Stalin :) I wonder if this is a simple coincidence

15. HKFanatic's rating of the film Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Years later, "Dawn" remains the summer of 2014's headiest popcorn movie and a superb genre effort from Matt Reeves. Much of the film's power lies in the surprisingly somber mood 20th Century Fox allowed Reeves to take. And while the human drama may pale in comparison to the apes, you have to applaud the filmmakers for portraying these animals with a level of empathy and tenderness you rarely see outside a Pixar film.

16. McMurphy's rating of the film Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

17. abyantama's rating of the film Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

18. dordairobert's rating of the film Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

19. Nolan Barth's rating of the film Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Matt Reeves crafts a thought provoking, smart and insightful sci fic film. When it was announced that Rupert Wyatt wouldn't be returning for this film I was concerned. I thought that one of the biggest reasons Rise of the Planet of the Apes was so great was because of it's director. However Reeves more than fills the shoes that Wyatt left. This film has groundbreaking SFX and makes great use of performance capture.

20. Babak Geranfar's rating of the film Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

21. lessthanzero's rating of the film Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Not a fan of sci-fi/fantasy, but this was an unexpected surprise.

22. runfromfire's rating of the film Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

I dug it. A solid follow-up to Rise and a good addition to the Apes cannon. I like where this reboot series is going. Now just don't let us down with the threequel.

23. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Inventive in spots but ultimately hollow.

24. cinegeek.de's rating of the film Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes ist ziemlich laut und clever gemacht. Leider ist der Film aber auch sklavisch dem Original verpflichtet und das hinterlässt einen bitteren Nachgeschmack... die ganze Rezension sowie die für unseren Geschmack besten Endzeit Science Fiction Filme gibts auf der Webpage unserer Videothek cinegeek.de