1. mubianer's rating of the film Dawson City: Frozen Time

3 minus. I expected a little more from this. Beautiful images and story, but the annoying music ruined a lot of it. I wonder if we are treating celluloid film in the digital age almost the same way as they did to the old silents in this film. Big mistake.

2. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Dawson City: Frozen Time

3. José Neves's rating of the film Dawson City: Frozen Time

Doc Lisboa. Do I really have to consider big a movie that disregards its found footage with a permanently annoying and invasive music? In which any still it's shown with digital in and out zooms- disregarding Straub and Huillet's lesson in "Une Visite au Louvre"? With a supporting narrative as an unique possibility of inserting the found images? With image effects underlining the patina of time? No, that's my answer.

4. Mr. Gumby's rating of the film Dawson City: Frozen Time

It's amazing how everything comes together as if it was a great epic movie, in which the "characters" intersect and change paths several times, affecting the historical route of the town and the sad fate of the hundreds of silent film reels, spread by various places, and that tell so many things about the reality of that time. A poetic experience of History, Sociology and, of course, Cinema.

5. sarah.rose's rating of the film Dawson City: Frozen Time

started to feel pretty slow at times but overall so moody and gorgeous.

6. Dogville59's rating of the film Dawson City: Frozen Time

Very interesting. I learned a lot about Dawson City and the gold rush however I would have liked to learn more about the films themselves. Who were the directors, were any important to film history etc?

7. EdieEmm's rating of the film Dawson City: Frozen Time

Everything I love about Morrison films; in ecstatic synthesis. Eg embodied theoretical explorations of time, via the elegant formalism carrying the narrative (which itself is captivating, & turns on similar themes). Or embodied qualities of flicker & decay; hypnotic & visceral, eg via brilliant sound (itself calibrated to the decay) Unf! I didn't watch so much as commune w/ the film. Left elated. Deeply satisfying.

8. bryanvmh's rating of the film Dawson City: Frozen Time

Interesting and informative but only so much excitement can be derived from a two hour "in memoriam" segment

9. Sean Patrick Stevens's rating of the film Dawson City: Frozen Time

My vote for best found footage horror movie ever made. You have to experience this film in order to see how with such ease it merges the history of a region story with that of the lost films wjich are used in their distorted glory to haunting effect.

10. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Dawson City: Frozen Time

11. Sarah Fonseca's rating of the film Dawson City: Frozen Time

A film as beautifully silent as the unearthed films that serve as its subject. Best documentary I've seen in years.

12. Samuel T.'s rating of the film Dawson City: Frozen Time

4.5 I went into this blindly, expecting another montage of found footage with score. What's delivered is somewhat of a breakthrough- a documentary in a more conventional sense, in that it conveys with text and photos- but Bill also often uses sequences from the unearthed archive to illustrate the historical narratives at hand. Fascinating, incredibly informative, and, as always, visually immersive; not to be missed.

13. ugur's rating of the film Dawson City: Frozen Time