1. antosha_tkachuk's rating of the film Mother!

amazing and stressful, no love to human

2. Jordan Kaltz's rating of the film Mother!

the most vile abhorrent misogynistic thing I have ever seen, I am genuinely disgusted. I had to leave 15 minutes before the end because of the horrific scene that brought me to tears because of it's disgusting content and I think it was made that much more shocking by the hour and a half of cheap Rosemary's baby knock off/grating sound design and faux intellectual political/social commentary that preceded it

3. Kevin's rating of the film Mother!

An original, but heavy-handed, interpretation of creationism at the hands of a selfish god and the ensuing corruption, and altogether destruction, of life and love by warring religious zealots. However, it comes across as a story too ambitious for any realistic implementation of its ideas. But I have to give Aronofsky credit for courageous filmmaking. If nothing more, it's a breath of fresh air for mainstream cinema.

4. Tigrão's rating of the film Mother!

The movie promised so much in the opening 30 minutes: the vibe, the work on sound to create this other-wordly tension. However, the movie then turns into a pretentious, cacophonic, messy, arrogant clusterfuck. With Scorsese's "Silence", this is the perfect example of a director being given carte blanche and too much control, and it's a shame when it comes from a director whose body of work I admire.

5. BRAND UPON THE BRAIN!'s rating of the film Mother!

i liked this for the incredible simulation of the experience of an anxiety nightmare more than the obvious allegorical shit

6. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film Mother!

This Polanski homage offers a strange narrative fueled by compelling imagery and seemingly inexplicable moments of pure cinematic bliss. What Aronofsky is doing, is what every artist sooner or later attempts to do, understand the creative process. Whether it’s through a biblical, ecological or artistic perspective, Aronofsky crafts a superb metaphor to the chaos, passion and destruction instilled by creativity.

7. Skinnedteen's rating of the film Mother!

Aronofsky is like Icarus. He flew too close to the sun, so he fell and drowned, scrambling to put together an ending with so much experimental freedom its almost non-sensical. However, Mother! has a strong build up with the horrors of social intrusion, and strangers gaslighting Lawrence character as well as the audience into a loop of surrealist chaos with religious undertones.

8. Rocco's rating of the film Mother!

The critics weren't lying! I've never seen anything like this! I've never seen a film go from potential best to absolute worst of the year at such BREAKNECK speed! Seriously though, subtle, creeping dread gives way to humiliatingly obvious grandstanding shabbily masked as clever allegory midway through. It's a Hollywood insider jerkoff like Birdman, only un-fun and with no self awareness. J-law was good though.

9. subtonal's rating of the film Mother!

(4+++) This movie really stuck with me and I was craving to see it a second time before it was completely out of theaters. So glad I got to! It was even better the second viewing!! Really awesome

10. haugenlars's rating of the film Mother!

11. Ghostman's rating of the film Mother!

Darren Aronofsky's 'mother!' is an incredible film, both a scorched-earth styled takedown of religion, society, misogyny, the patriarchy, and humanity on a collective level as well as a caustic and biting commentary on the creative process of artistic invention and idol-worship. I can imagine a great number of viewers being dismayed by this film, it's been awhile since a mainstream American movie was this upsetting.

12. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Mother!

I don't understand why Jennifer Lawrence didn't keep painkillers in the house. No one calls each other "baby" except for straight people. The only thing this gets right about humanity is how horrible poets are. Nancy Meyers will cry when she sees what everybody does to this house. Spoiler: mother! has the same ending as 500 Days of Summer.

13. jenstor's rating of the film Mother!

4.5/5 earth owes us nothing

14. papasnickers's rating of the film Mother!

The more I think about it, the more I like it.

15. Steve Pulaski's rating of the film Mother!

Jennifer Lawrence gives a performance she likely couldn't easily shake in a film many viewers won't easily forget. Darren Aronofsky's "mother!" is a messy look at loving being loved rather than loving a person, with unmistakable insights into gaslighting and the advantage men take of women compounded by misconstrued feelings of power. It's not wholly sound, but certain moments are liable to jolt you to your core.

16. Renton47's rating of the film Mother!

Do you even 2017? If this was getting panned I'd be forced to defend it - as such I'm content admiring with wry remove. Like 2017 it's at once a troll and impossibly sincere, angry and bolstering the anti-humanity flames. At one point I was convinced it was all about the leaked nudes; it is, and more. If only it had disseminated that shade through its tedious lead-up, those ugly close-ups and digital grain leaden.

17. Michael Peer's rating of the film Mother!

If Black Swan and Noah had a baby, it would look a lot like Mother! I say that both as a compliment and critique. I've always been an admirer of Aronofsky's visceral aesthetic, his striking visuals and overwhelming sound design. I believe Aronofsky struggles most when he loses himself in CG and heavy-handed biblical parable. Still, Mother! is an experience - an environmental film that will have you reeling for days.

18. Toprak Coskun Deniz's rating of the film Mother!

19. Nick Schwab's rating of the film Mother!

Hard to like or be emotionally moved by due to its initial unclarity, but it's easier to appreciate as a whole afterward. Mother!'s purpose isn't apparent until the final minutes when it is obviously about the creation of life being entwined with the creation of art. At first, we see the various hang-ups and insecurities of both until the end when we see why they are the originator of 'love and hope' in humanity.

20. Evan Schafer's rating of the film Mother!

When a film manages to make you uncomfortable, anxious, disturbed and disgusted all at once... it must be a sign of a film that is, at the least, unusual. mother! is definitely the kind of film that gets under your skin, even though it stands as utterly plotless at its greatest moments. It also has some trouble getting itself going, but with no music score and a very lush photography, this is a winning picture.

21. jxn's rating of the film Mother!

jlaw's incredibly blank acting finds it's purpose in this film because i found myself enthralled and incredibly frustrated in her shoes. also michelle pfeiffer how have you gotten hotter with age?

22. FISCHER's rating of the film Mother!

Un incontestable évènement cinématographique qui nous met en présence d'une insondable médiocrité sans nom et sans âme, sertie d'une vertigineuse et persistante bêtise, non dénuée de quelques prétentions narcissiques qui s'engluent et se cristallisent dans une soi-disant allégorie, un amphigourique symbolisme inutile voire puérile et quelques références cinématographiques incongrues et

23. Ostermyers's rating of the film Mother!

24. hazal ilbay's rating of the film Mother!